What exactly is full version of Nethergate?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What exactly is full version of Nethergate?
Apprentice
Member # 5672
Profile #0
Ok, I was playing Nethergate demo and it runs fine on my computer. However, unlike Geneforge or Avernum series, it seems that the final product is a CD and not just a code (which one can input in the title screen). Do I understand this correctly? In other words, supposing that I do not want to wait for the shipping and that my CD drive is broken, there is nothing much I can do?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
For games that cannot be unlocked with codes (BoE and Nethergate), Jeff offers a secured FTP download. If you buy the game, he will email you the login information that you can use to download the full game from the site.

I don't know if you can choose not to buy the game CD at all and save the shipping/medium cost.

[ Tuesday, October 24, 2006 04:49: Message edited by: Robert Daniel Oliver ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
All questions like this are good things to email Jeff Vogel.

—Alorael, who recommends getting a discount by ordering Nethergate with another Spiderweb game. Unless you own all the ones you like or have played the demos and rejected them, trying out a few more games could give you even more fun.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
CDs are nice for a quick reload of the game. Especially since they come with both the Mac and Windows versions on them. You can load the game on a new system without having to ask for a new registration code if you change operating systems.
Apprentice
Member # 466
Profile #4
For the record I loved Nethergate to death. I really think it has been their best game. The historical elements really clicked. Furthermore it was their first shift to the new engine.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #5
That's exactly how most people on these boards feel.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #6
Indeed. Nethergate is one of the best computer games ever made. It's one of those hidden gems. It has sold less copies than any of Jeff's other games, but it will always hold a special place in my heart.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #7
Of course it does Tyran. Is this why you changed your AIM picture?

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #8
Indeed. It was just after posting in this thread that I adopted my new AIM icon.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #9
Very nice. I approve.
No, I'm not spamming. I'm encouraging Eigenvalue to purchase this game.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil