Picked the lock on a Sylak key door

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Picked the lock on a Sylak key door
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
I 'm running through as a Roman with nimble fingers trait, 1 tool use, and ordinary lockpick (+10%) in the Abandon Mine. I haven't recovered any Sylak keys yet in the game. I accidently hit pick lock going past a door and it popped open. I checked later and all the doors have 0% chance of being picked. So I looted the room think why wasted a chance.

Has anyone else tried to do this? I just got extremely lucky since this shouldn't be possible.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #1
I suppose others have done it but I can't recall if I have.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #2
I think it's just a random stroke of luck. I remember one time when I was playing as the Romans using the default party, that I went over the really steep drop inside the goblin mine at the very beginning of the game before I had trained at all, and Titus somehow managed to survive the fall. In summary, Nethergate sometimes decides that it likes you. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.