blessing pools

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: blessing pools
Apprentice
Member # 5052
Profile #0
help where are the blessing pools located and do i need to be registered to get there or use them.
also how do i avoid being cursed by the crones.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
There are two main blessing pools: one in the Crone Caverns (usable only to Romans) and one in the Faerie Bazaar (usable to both Celts and Romans, but cheaper for Celts). You definitely can't use the one in the Bazaar before registering; I think you can get one use of the Crone Caverns one (if you're Roman, which you're apparently not).

You can't stop the crones from cursing you, but you can start on a quest to get uncursed at the Faerie Bazaar. Unfortunately, you need to register to get there.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
There's another blessing pool in the Temple of Brigantes, but it's only for Celts and it can only be used twice, both times as rewards for quests.

—Alorael, who isn't sure how valuable the expensive blessings are. On the one hand, they're one of the only ways to get blessed items. On the other hand, fine items are usually good enough.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #3
Then again, by the time you really can start affording blessing pools, you generally can get blessed or exceptional items through quests and fighting.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
Gold isn't really a problem for me. I generally just rob people from their clothes to their toenails.

What?! Their worth some value! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
In the later stages of the game, I never found much to spend money on other than blessing pools. Getting blessed chainmail, cloaks and spears in particular is much easier with the pools, although most blessed weapons can just be bought in the FB.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5052
Profile #6
in reference to the Temple of Brigantes do i have to be registered to get to it and if not where is it located. also the main thing i would use the pools for is potions.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
Yes, the Temple of Brigantes is in the registered only part of Nethergate. It's off to the west/southwest of the bridge, near the Ruined Hall, I think.

—Alorael, who doesn't think he's ever put a potion in a blessing pool. Does that work?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
If you put a potion in, it turns into Knowledge Brew. If you put a stack of potions in, they all turn into Knowledge Brew. I consider it cheating, so I don't bless potions.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5052
Profile #9
thanks everybody. i found the one at the crone place before i read you had to be a roman to use it. expensive lesson. it cursed everything. oh well i guess if your a celt your not eligible for blessings unless you register. the game is still fun though. i just can't afford it just yet. i'm going to register boa,geneforge,and geneforge 2. first oh well maybe i can get myself this one for christmas.
by the way where is the stone circle

[ Friday, October 22, 2004 16:13: Message edited by: clstem4ever ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Near Vanarium, also outside of the area you can reach in the unregistered version.

—Alorael, who was disappointed not to be assaulted by large hordes of Haakai there. A large stone circle just got his hopes up.
Apprentice
Member # 1479
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

If you put a potion in, it turns into Knowledge Brew. If you put a stack of potions in, they all turn into Knowledge Brew. I consider it cheating, so I don't bless potions.
Though for cheap skill points, I think just summoning creatures and then slaughtering them repeatedly is more efficient.
Apprentice
Member # 5300
Profile #12
The single best use of a Blessing Pool has to be a stack of potions.

- Any potion (even Mindlessness) blesses to Potion of Knowledge (+25 EXP). (Poison probably does, too, but I didn't have one to test.)
- Potions stack infinitely in 1 inventory slot.
- The cheapest potion I've found (so far) is Curing Draught, which Henbane (west of Faerie Bazaar) sells for 36. Invest a few hauls' worth of coins, and buy about 50.
- Curing Draught needs only Healing Herbs, which you can get from the twisted tree next to the Twin Towers (south across the river from Galag-Trav). Visit this on every jaunt back to Nethergate for training, and your potion-maker should be able to make a couple dozen.
- Bring ~80 Curing Draught in 1 slot, and Bless the whole stack.

Drink 80 Potions of Knowledge, for about 165 skill points instantly. For reference, consider re-educating a dumb jock as a spellcaster.

- INT +3 (6, 6, 7 = 22 SP)
- Druidism +6 (1+2+3 x 2 = 12 SP)
- Health Circle +8 (1+2+3+4 x 2 = 20 SP)
- War Circle +8 (20 SP)
- Beast Circle +8 (2+3+4+5 x 2 = 28 SP)
- Craft Circle +8 (28 SP)
- Spirit Circle +8 (4+5+6+7 x 2 = 44 SP)
- Total: 174 SP.

So one use of Blessing Pool just about buys you a complete spellcaster. That's pretty heavy. The converse follows: you could probably turn a wimp spellcaster into a melee goon.

Obviously, both of these extremes are somewhat pointless, since encumbrance and Beast/Craft/Spirit Circles don't mix. But they do give you a sense of the magnitude of the benefit.

- Hire Brigid (Strength 8) from the Vale Refuge in Vanarium, and strip her naked (leave all her equipment in town). Then I think she could carry about 160 potions :D

--------------------
Eric / Gilmoy