Erika in E3

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Erika in E3
Apprentice
Member # 5660
Profile #0
Is it possible to access that central room, the one with the bed? Says there is an electrum keyhole, but the appropriate key doesn't seem to work (Granted, I haven't played the game in years and edited myself the key, so I might be off..)

Also, is there a way into the vahnatai style room?

Thanks for any help
Ur_Vile_Wedge

--------------------
"Violence never solved anything except ending slavery, fascism and communism."
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
There is no way into Erika's middle chambers. What Vahnatai-style room are you talking about?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
There's suppose to be a cheat to enter Erika's middle room. You have to go into and out of combat near the special that blocks the rear entrance. This sometimes will jump the party past the locked door. I haven't tried it myself.

From what I've heard, it isn't worth the effort.

Erika's Vahnatai style room is accessed from entering the rear of the tower and finding a secret passage to the west past the slimes. Then a secret door into the room.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
Yeah, I think that there are spells in there? Or some goodies.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5660
Profile #4
Thanks for all the help guys! Although I really did want to loot Erika's central room. Oh well :(

I suppose the same inviolability extends to Sulfras's presumed treasure room? (The one to the south of where he hangs out, not the auxiliary stuff) Speaking of which, I know you get a special message for offing Sulfras, does that extend to the other dragons? Or for all three? (A "congratulations, you have slain the dragons, oh wait, you weren't supposed to do that you numbskull or something like that)

SPOILER ALERT

It got me thinking. If you don't have the Erika Amulets, does Erika not teleport in, and fight Rentar for you, and thus live throughout the game? I never tried it.
Oh, one last thing, some guy in Bremerton mentioned that someone named "Abruzzo" took some loot of his and fled west. Does anyone know where this guy hangs out? I don't want to dig through half of valorim in an effort to find him if I don't have to.

--------------------
"Violence never solved anything except ending slavery, fascism and communism."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Sulfras's treasure room is also unreachable, and while I'm pretty sure you get a message for killing any dragon, I don't think there's anything more for killing all three. I'm not sure I've ever done it, though.

No, Erika doesn't show up if you don't have her amulets or never ask her to activate them, which makes a few areas in the end slightly harder and means she survives. Since Avernum 4 assumes her death anyway, amulet use is canonical.

—Alorael, who had to look up Abruzzo. He's in Wainscotting, which is almost due west of Bremerton. Unfortunately, that means heading west to Moon, south across the river, west to the mountains, south around the mountains, back north along their western side, and then west and south again along a peninsula.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #6
You actually can get away with not using the amulets? I thought they were required, that there was no way you could finish the game without them.

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
It makes the fights at the end harder. Especially the last one with R-I since she summons endless friends and you have to get past them.