Exile 3> Ancient Enemy Conceal Tunnel

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Exile 3> Ancient Enemy Conceal Tunnel
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #25
There is some treasure and a spellbook somewhere. Mostly it's just experience and a chance to put the undead back underground where they belong.
Apprentice
Member # 7740
Profile #26
I cannot found tower of Zkal! i search whole island!!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #27
First you need the artifact information from the Nameless Mage back in Krizan. If you never talked to him and paid him than you can search forever without finding the Tower in the southwest corner of the island.
Apprentice
Member # 7740
Profile #28
This mage (form Delan) is disappear!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #29
He moves from Delan and Krizsan, and on every third day I think he is not at either place.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Apprentice
Member # 7740
Profile #30
thx ))
Apprentice
Member # 7740
Profile #31
what i can use against alien beasts?...
and how a can speak with Gale's goverment?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #32
1) There is a special blade versus alien beasts made by the Dragons with bonus damage. They will die to regular spells and weapons, but take more damage than most of what you have faced.

2) Gale's government doesn't want to talk to you, At least the mayor won't. The General leading the military will talk a little. You usually get sent to jail and have to escape past the basilisks. Don't let it bother you.

[ Sunday, December 17, 2006 18:43: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #33
The only government official of Gale's province who will be of any help will be General Baziron, to the north.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Apprentice
Member # 7740
Profile #34
thnx
But alien blade is only one, and i have 3 warriors
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #35
It's called the Beastslayer Blade, and yes, that's something you'll have to deal with. The Black Halberd does comparable damage anyway.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #36
The Beastslayer Blade isn't especially good. You'll only fight so many Alien Beasts and they're not especially difficult to kill with the many other powerful armaments you should have acquired.

If you'd really like to arm yourself, it's a better idea to take the metal lumps you get as part of making Beastslayer and abscond with them. Carmine in Lennus will make you a far superior weapon, although it'll take a few days of waiting. [Edit: Well, slightly superior. It was boosted a lot in A3.]

[Edit: Actually, all of the above was written with A3 in mind. You'll have fewer powerful weapons at your disposal in E3, but you still probably don't need Beastslayer.]

—Alorael, who ended up getting the Beastslayer Blade and then never using it. Damage output isn't really a problem for most parties by the time they're facing alien beasts. Magic waveblades, the Alien Blade, and the Black Halberd are up to all your hacking and mangling needs.

[ Monday, December 18, 2006 11:09: Message edited by: Viy ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7740
Profile #37
Where i can find Magic Waveblades? Can i augment it?

I have only steel waveblade upgraded in Ternovo for 10.000/

aline beasts still make much damage, how i can reduce it?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #38
Use whatever you already have for weapons. The key is to use mage spells to kill the alien beasts before they close with the party. Pick the most damaging area effect spells and don't forget to major bless the party for extra attacks and damage. The only ones that are a problem are the pack leaders,
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #39
You can also cast Slow All and Mass Paralysis to stop them all from coming at you at once. Or have your priest cast Mass Sanctuary at the end of each round so that they can't see or hit you.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Apprentice
Member # 7740
Profile #40
Is it real to capture pack leader in the crystal?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #41
You can capture anything in a soul crystal, including Erika and Rentar-Ihrno. The question is how long you're willing to spend attempting to do it, especially as it tries to eat you.

Pack Leaders are hard but not impossible to capture, but there's no real need to summon them.

—Alorael, who doesn't like summoning much in general. On the other hand, the experience lost to summoned kills makes very little difference at the end of the game.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #42
Yes it doesn't make much difference, especially since there is a level cap in this particular trilogy.

Personally I think if you are going to summon something, then it may as well be something good like a pack leader; it's worth spending a bit of time capturing it and there's no shortage of opportunities in Footracer province.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #43
Empire Archers are my favorite capture.

Having discussions like this reminds me how much I loved Exile III, and why it's still my favorite non-BoE spidweb game.

--------------------
====
====
Apprentice
Member # 7740
Profile #44
My favourite creature is basilisk ))
Apprentice
Member # 7740
Profile #45
What is different between exile and avernum?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #46
As far as the story goes, not much. There's some additional subplots in A1 that weren't there in E1, though.

As far as the interface goes, there's quite a bit. Avernum has fewer spells, a maximum of four adventurers instead of six, is isometric 3-D instead of 2-D, and has no dual-wielding. Food and dialogue works differently.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #47
And as far as loot goes, significant. Avernum has a much larger number of minor unique items and a wider variety of powerful items overall. By the end of an Avernum game you can have your entire party decked out in good stuff. Exile games rely much more heavily on ordinary but good equipment.

—Alorael, who of course doesn't count Blades of Exile, in which even without making your own scenario to cheat with you can easily find yourself overburdened with amazing rewards after a few scenarios.
Apprentice
Member # 7740
Profile #48
i'm in new machinery dungeon in footrace province.
can't find way to outside. have read manual - doesnt work/
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #49
http://www.sitemouse.com/users/drakefyre/walk.html#newfactorye3

Use the priest spell Location to find your current location.

--------------------
====
====

Pages