Is there a way around my editing blunder?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is there a way around my editing blunder?
Warrior
Member # 7580
Profile #0
I went into Chapter 2 prematurely. When I got down to the bottom of many waterfalls, ultimately I kept getting hit by an Ice Hydra that I could not see. ?Invis?
I wanted out of Chapter 2 realizing I went there too soon. I recalled the boat and then tried to recall my party but was told I could not do so indoors.
I went to my prior saved game and the boat was gone there too! (Game was saved about an hour earlier than the edited save)
Is there anyway I can fix this short of going to a really old save like from days ago?
SIGH
How

--------------------
How786

Soya-Kaas cheeses have dairy in them!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
I believe the E2 editor allows you both to return your party to start (should work out of town) and to return the boat in Chapter 2 to the place it started. If the editor's not working then you have problems.

—Alorael, who thinks there already may be some data corruption. Ice hydras should not be invisible. Are you sure you aren't being hit by hydra breath from off screen?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7580
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by The High King's Logomach:

I believe the E2 editor allows you both to return your party to start (should work out of town) and to return the boat in Chapter 2 to the place it started. If the editor's not working then you have problems.

—Alorael, who thinks there already may be some data corruption. Ice hydras should not be invisible. Are you sure you aren't being hit by hydra breath from off screen?

It DID allow me to return the boat but will NOT permit me to return my party. I think it says I can't do so because I'm indoors or something close to that.
About what was hitting me, I thought the message kept saying Ice Hydra. Whatever it is, I could not see it for some reason and it affected every member of my party like an AOE spell.

--------------------
How786

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Ice hydra breath might hit all party members if they're in non-combat mode.

—Alorael, who believes you have to be outside to return to start. You can either leave the town or use the editor to remove your party from the town before returning them to the beginning.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
I think there is a cheat code that also returns the party to start, but I don't remember since I never used them.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
If you use the editor to leave town, you can then use it to return to the start.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7580
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

If you use the editor to leave town, you can then use it to return to the start.
I don't understand what you mean. I'm not in town now. I'm in the beginning of part 2 below many waterfalls. Could you explain?

--------------------
How786

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #7
quote:
and then tried to recall my party but was told I could not do so indoors
If the game tells you that you are indoors, it seems that you are in town/dungeon area. The ice hydra couldn't have attacked you, if you weren't. You need to get outdoors again. The editor can help you to leave town/dungeon.

edit: if your party is not in combat mode while being attacked, you are in some dungeon.

[ Friday, November 03, 2006 14:50: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by How:

quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

I don't understand what you mean. I'm not in town now. I'm in the beginning of part 2 below many waterfalls. Could you explain?

In Exile/Avernum terminology "town" refers to any area that is not part of the overland map, including dungeons, caves, etc. If you have a button to enter/leave combat mode, you are in a "town" if you don't have such a button, you are "outdoors".

PS You can scroll the screen by using "look" command and clicking on the border of play area. This way you can see what is attacking you. And, as Alorael said, if you aren't in combat mode any breath, firebalt, or similar attack will hit all party members.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #9
Didn't you save before you went down into the tunnel in Formello? So that you could just return to that save?

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version