Help! I think I broke my game!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Help! I think I broke my game!
Apprentice
Member # 6535
Profile #0
Oh my god help! ok I'll explain as best i can.

I'm in the keep of tinyara and I'm following a walkthrough. I haven't ended the golems because it was WAY too hard.
I got captured and sent out my fave cleric (mildred) and set everyone free. Then I realised that I didn't have the Thought Crystal! So I went and got it and came back. Then I got captured again and now i'm stuck in the cell!! The special won't activate so I can send one person through and free the rest like I did before.

Have I broken my game? Is there ANYTHING I can do to fix it?

HELP!

Emma.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
I'm sorri I can't really help you, but I don't think you should worry to much about a broken game. If I were you i would rely on others more, but the only thing I can suggest is to reload an old save file, if you have one.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Leaving town via the character editor occasionally has unfortunate side effects. Sadly, it seems that you've run into one of them. Pity, really; you could have just done without the Thought Crystal. I do wish I could bring you better news.

It might be possible to salvage the situation using, uh, nefarious means which we're not really supposed to talk about on these forums.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
I was just thinking, maybe you can ask Jeff? Maybe he'll even give you an other copy of the game for free. I believe he is very nice when it comes to replacement copies of his games.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
He didn't actually break the game - his character in that save is just stuck.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6535
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

It might be possible to salvage the situation using, uh, nefarious means which we're not really supposed to talk about on these forums.
Can you tell me where I could find out about these "nefarious" means?
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, chicken god prophet:

I'm sorri I can't really help you, but I don't think you should worry to much about a broken game. If I were you i would rely on others more, but the only thing I can suggest is to reload an old save file, if you have one.
What made you post when you had nothing to say?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #7
Thralni just wanted to increase his posts and to give nossage the advice, to use saved files and do not worry about th "broken game".

Do not be so serions about advice! :mad:

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #8
telling about these nefarious methods would mean being banned from spidweb ,also you could just try asking someone else for a sav file its done all the time

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #9
Couldn't you just use the PM system to talk about the nefarious methods?

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
I certainly didn't just send anyone a private message about anything which we're not supposed to talk about.

*whistles*

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Notye but Neyse:

quote:

What made you post when you had nothing to say?

Read the post again: I did give an advice. Ijusr meant that i don't know what's happening because I only have the demo version. I know, I said it in a strange way.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #12
quote:

To summarize: Don't worry about your game; reload a save file.

Yes, that's just so totally full of helpful advice on how to fix the problem.

[ Sunday, December 11, 2005 08:24: Message edited by: Notye but Neyse ]

--------------------
quote:

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #13
And no, not everybody knows what the problem might be. Some people just try to at least say something helpful, instead of saying to other people their advice is worth nothing but giving no advice themselves! And by the way, I did give more advice, but according to you, that's probably also worthless advice. People would be more enclined to agree with you if you first try to help to solve the problem and then saying to other people the advice thay gave was worthless, don't you think?

To summarize: Stop nagging and at least try to help instead of nagging other people's advice was worthless!!

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #14
Notye but Neyse - Quit pissing and moaning and try saying something useful yourself instead of criticizing other people.

[ Sunday, December 11, 2005 13:55: Message edited by: Kingy ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

Notye but Neyse - Quit your *****ing.
You need to rinse your mouth with soap. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #16
Not really. Sometimes swearing is necessary to get your point across. Now if his sentence was mostly swear words, then he would need the soap.

Personally, I would have used another word, one that begins with a 'b'. But maybe that's just the effect of locational differences visible in speech.

[ Sunday, December 11, 2005 14:16: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #17
quote:

Notye but Neyse - Quit pissing and moaning and try saying something useful yourself instead of criticizing other people.
That's exactly what I already said, two times, i think. Anyway, thanks for agreeing with me.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 6535
Profile #18
So I erm accessed nefariousness but I don't get what I do now! How do I move my party a few squares left or right etc?
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #19
Modify the values that control your position appropriately. Thuryl can probably tell you more specifically what you should do.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by nossage:

So I erm accessed nefariousness but I don't get what I do now! How do I move my party a few squares left or right etc?
Did you just ask what I thought you did? Why?

*gets himself all confused*

--------------------
-ben4808
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #21
If you don't know, don't ask. It's nefarious, after all.

[ Monday, December 12, 2005 15:55: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #22
Okay, I just sent (er, I mean, didn't send) another private message.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #23
quote:

At the time when I had made my very first post in this thread, I had assumed nossage had already been helped. So I wouldn't have to say something useful myself and I would also be able to nitpick about pointless things.

One pointless thing to nitpick about would be posting when you have no clue as to what should be done.

Before Thralni said he hadn't registered, I was willing to believe he had just been trying to be helpful but had not examined his post well. However, now that I know Thralni hasn't registered, I really don't believe there can be any valid reason to talk about things you have no experience with.

I wouldn't call myself an expert at cooking, and that's why I don't tell people how to cook. And if Thralni had no idea how to cook or didn't offer useful advice on how too cook, I would tell him to not offer advise regardless of the thoughtfulness and caring it showed.

--------------------
quote:

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #24
Its not really about the fact if you have registered or not, just what to do about "a broken game," and the only solution i can give for something like that, is try to reload a save-file, and see what happens when you DON'T the same thing as you have done first. Also, without registering, one CAN understand what's going on. maybe don't have a good picture of it, but certainly understanding what'g oing on: walktrough's. I got very curious what happened and read the end of some walkthrough.

You didn't know he wasn't done asking yet? Why, he asked a question just in the post before your post!

The cooking thing you said is really irrelevant. First if all, i don't say I'm an expert, and second, I thought I really could help. I just try to be helpful, even when i can't really give good advice, I at least try to give good advice, instead of just sayting others' advice isn't usefull. How do i know if you know what we are talking about? Maybe you don't know what's going on? Are you actually registered? I could think of a whole lot of things to ask now.

Just one other small thing: People, even without knowing what's really going on, still can give advice by just using their brains.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!

Pages