highest damage you've done?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: highest damage you've done?
Warrior
Member # 577
Profile Homepage #0
What's the highest damage you've done with melee, range, magic, and poison, in any Exile game?

In Exile 3, I've done around 70-80 total damage with the black halberd, and sometimes up to 90 total damage on alien beasts with the Beastslayer Blade.

For magic, I've done up to over 150 with Ravage Spirit and Kill, though I might have done even higher.

For range, I can never seem to do a lot of damage, especially when compared to empire archers, but I've done 35+ hits on demons with Arrows of Light (with a yew bow).

My highest poison damage record is around 37.

[ Wednesday, September 28, 2005 00:52: Message edited by: ixfd64 ]

--------------------
Please visit my website: http://geocities.com/dchia1010

my forums: http://freechat.tk
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
It's possible to do over 200 damage on a single target with one spell, if the target is 2x2 in size and not resistant to magic. Cast Death Arrows, and target all 4 squares that the monster occupies. Result: all 4 arrows hit it for about 50 damage each.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #2
I hit for 247 in Exile 2 using melee, but I cheated.

[ Thursday, September 29, 2005 05:03: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
The highest damage I've ever done is 670962 in Exile 2 and 501402 in Exile 3.

What?

Oh right, you meant in a single strike...

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #4
I know it was over 200. I know it was on Exile 2. I know it was dealt many times. I know I didn't cheat (i.e. use the editor). :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #5
Melee: Around 45.

Magic: Around 100 (kill).

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #6
I cheated, but didn't use the editor. Not going to say how unless I get permission from a mod though.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #7
Oh, I really don't know... I only know it off BoA, and there I manage to do damage of over 300 with melee...

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 6370
Profile #8
Melee:24

Magic:36

I know I suck...
Warrior
Member # 577
Profile Homepage #9
Well, I got some new records:

63+63 with a Black Halbred
33 with Fury Crossbow

For melee without assassination, I suspect that the highest damage possible (with curse, paralyze, and bless) for a character at level 50 with the maximum strength and the Exceptional Strength trait is:

2*damage + bonus - enemy's armor

With bless, the weapon stats are 20d + 24b.

Sure enough, I have not been able to hit over a 63.

For ranged attacks, I think it's a bit different. With a Fury Crossbow and magic bolts on another level 50 character was 33 damage, again using curse, paralysis, and bless.

I don't know character strength determines ranged damage (although it wouldn't be very realistic for a crossbow).

With the 17 base damage for magic bolts, I was able to hit 33, which seemed consistent with 2*damage - armor. However, with an infinite arrow (9d + 1b?) and archer's bow I was able to hit at least 20. But then again, I don't think that character has the Exceptional Strength setting.

Maybe I'll experiment a bit more.

--------------------
Please visit my website: http://geocities.com/dchia1010

my forums: http://freechat.tk