E3 Ruined World: Who did you think was responsible for the plagues?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: E3 Ruined World: Who did you think was responsible for the plagues?
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Who did you think was responsible for the plagues? (The first people you guessed). Erika, The Dragons, or the Vahnatai? Ofcourse, if you read on this site... Well, we'll see.

[ Saturday, May 07, 2005 06:03: Message edited by: Archmagi Micael ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 17 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=WUmLYibuypsk"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=WUmLYibuypsk"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Since E3 gives you absolutely no incentive to guess, I didn't. I played through all the plagues looking for absolute proof and I got it. The mysterious source of the plagues isn't so mysterious if it doesn't matter until you already know the answer.

—Alorael, who more or less expected all the evidence to be false and some fourth party like surface rebels of Avernite malcontents to be behind the plagues.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #2
I voted for none of the above, because initially I though it was the Empire, who upon hearing rumours of some Exile's return to the surface, they set monsters upon the land to make it seem like it was a bad place to live, therefore possibly dampening all of Exile's spirit.

EDIT: The first post is kind of a spoiler, dont' you think?

[ Saturday, May 07, 2005 12:48: Message edited by: Sprung Spring ]
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #3
Well, the first person I guessed was Erika because that's the evidence you get after the first plague, the slimes, though it's clear, as Alo said, that it was the Vahnatai in the end.

What I want to know is now Erika's symbol got into the Slime Pit and dragon scales into the Filth Factory.

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #4
The Vahnatai obviously planted them there.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by 1001011001000:

Well, the first person I guessed was Erika because that's the evidence you get after the first plague, the slimes, though it's clear, as Alo said, that it was the Vahnatai in the end.

What I want to know is now Erika's symbol got into the Slime Pit and dragon scales into the Filth Factory.

It's called plagiarism, Nooben.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Scales are plagiarism? Even the rune is a stretch of the definition.

—Alorael, who is happier calling it planted evidence. The fabricated scales are reasonable enough, but wouldn't a mage of Erika's standing create a signature rune that no other mage could fake?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #7
The Dragons. I thought they had returned to make the surface inhospitable for the Avernmties. You now for revenge as a lot of Dragons died while humans were in Avernum. Is that a coincidence? ;)

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Ecce Tempus:

—Alorael, who is happier calling it planted evidence. The fabricated scales are reasonable enough, but wouldn't a mage of Erika's standing create a signature rune that no other mage could fake?
Well, you don't do a charcoal drawing of the rune when you "memorize" it. So when you describe it to Berra, he sees that the description is very similar to Erika's symbol, but he never goes and sees for himself. Therefore, the rune planted in the Alien Slime's lair could have been a close duplicate to Erika's, but without the elements that the Vahnatai couldn't duplicate.

Those Vahnatai did think they were clever.

--------------------
-ben4808
Warrior
Member # 3804
Profile #9
At first i wasn't really sure, i just figured i'd find out in due time. But when i kept finding suspicious little vahnatai items everywhere i eventually put two and two together. I guess those guys just don't know how to clear up evidence properly.

--------------------
"This......is a TREE! What's it for?" -Exile III
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #10
I thought it was Erika because when I went to her tower she started freaking out.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #11
I thought it was Erika, then the Dragons, then the Empire. I didn't even suspect the Vahnatai. I can't remember why though...hmmm. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.