Tower of Magi Demon in Exile I

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Tower of Magi Demon in Exile I
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #0
Even though I last played it at least 3 years ago, I've always wondered whether the demon in the center of some maze-ish thing in the Tower of the Magi really plays a role in the story. I killed him once, and I don't think it did anything. Is this demon just randomly there? It seems he was kind of different from other demons.

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
That's the Adze-Haakai, isn't it? He... um... he was terrorizing the Tower of Magi. And something.

Linda summoned him because of something, and he was doing something bad. There was that initiate in the south who was terrified of the demon. And stuff.

I forget. Yes, he's part of the plot, but he's a minimal part of the plot, and for a long time I thought he was related to Grah-Hoth, but I'm pretty sure that I was mistaken.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
I thought the same, Kel. As far as I can tell, though, he really isn't tied to anything but Linda and doesn't do much of anything except serve as a minor obstacle between you and an important item.

—Alorael, who was very much disappointed by Adze-Haakai. He was expecting at least a little bit of a climactic battle and maybe the annihilation of the Tower of Magi. Instead, he got an easy battle and a pat on the back.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3530
Profile #3
I thought you got an item from him, wasn't it the onyx scepter used to "bribe" Sulfras to get passed his cave? I might be wrong, its been a while.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #4
Alo, how many different alias's do you have?
(my apologies for the off topic remark)

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
This is the reason that these boards have PMs.

Alo changes his Publicly Displayed Name every day (just about) in protest of his lack of a custom title. That is, he has as many pseudonyms as there have been days since he reached "Your Postliness," which I think is on the order of... gosh, a couple hundred, at this point.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3530
Profile #6
I think I've only changed it twice, maybe three times.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
Since the original topic largely served its purpose (though I must add that I find the name "Adze-Haakai" wicked cool), I guess we could get off on a tangent and discuss PDNs.

I've changed mine on a regular basis in the last few months, until I started participating in the last RP. When I play an RP, I always change my name to the character's name to avoid confusion.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
That is the first good reason for changing your PDN that I've ever heard.

—Alorael, who has had almost three hundred PDNs now. Some day he'll have to give a prize for the person who remembers the most. Ben may be disqualified for cheating.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #9
300? Thats a lot. I have had three so far on This Forum, but MSN? Nevermind, its not on topic.
What might the prize be?

[ Tuesday, March 01, 2005 21:33: Message edited by: The Sprung Spring ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3530
Profile #10
why would ben be disqualified for cheating??? how would you cheat, I think I can only remember three of yours.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
Be was keeping a list at one point. I don't know if he still is or if he has all the intervening names on it, but still, he has a significant advantage.

Don't get any ideas, anyone!

—Alorael, who apologizes rather insincerely and unconvincingly for the horrible abuse of this topic.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
There could be some hidden people who also keep records...lets see...Alorarel, Mourning Account #21 ummmmmm........dammit I can think of two.

[ Friday, March 04, 2005 00:13: Message edited by: The Sprung Spring ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #13
I wouldn't worry about it. I've been here as long as Alorael and I can't remember any of them either.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
Most of that time was spent with the tried and true name of Alorael. You can remember that, I hope!

—Alorael, who thinks he'll have to switch back sometime. He's still waiting for his title, but a landmark of names would be good too.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #15
Well of course I remember that one, but the stoner haze blocks out the rest! lol

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #16
What 'Custom Title' do you want?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
If you ask for a custom title, you'll never get it (unless you're SMoE). Thus, I cannot ask for any title I want.

—Alorael, who would be happier without Canned or Banned, both of which are technically custom titles.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #18
And SMoE's title was gifted by Stareye. I did give Scorp the title he wanted when he left.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #19
I'm not asking, but I think I should get one anyway. I've been here for years and I never spam or say mean things, and I type coherently!!!

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 60
Profile #20
Pfft! By that criteria, I should get one too! :)

--------------------
"Insanity is okay, but stupidity is inexcusable." -Kenda Nicole Brand

Jacob say, "Man who smoke pot, choke on handle." -Jacob Doran
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #21
So should... You know, I can't write that with a straight face.

—Alorael, who deems this topic barely shy of needing to be relocated to General. The proportion of on-topic E1 posts to General material is rapidly decreasing.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #22
I've been doing this on-off thing with my alias between Slasher and Holy Toenail. I might try something new though....

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Apprentice
Member # 5737
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

That's the Adze-Haakai, isn't it? He... um... he was terrorizing the Tower of Magi. And something.

Linda summoned him because of something, and he was doing something bad. There was that initiate in the south who was terrified of the demon. And stuff.

I forget. Yes, he's part of the plot, but he's a minimal part of the plot, and for a long time I thought he was related to Grah-Hoth, but I'm pretty sure that I was mistaken.

in e3 you have to save the tower of magi from being desroyed by grah-hoth on day 161 but its not on that day evre time the laest game i played it was on day 170 so its randum sorry for my typing

[ Sunday, April 24, 2005 09:55: Message edited by: buppy20022003 ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
Yes, but that's hardly relevant to the topic and this topic has been dead for a month anyway. Necromancy is frowned upon here.

—Alorael, who hopes everyone will let this topic return to its final rest.