Saving Tyrol and magda

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Saving Tyrol and magda
Apprentice
Member # 3820
Profile Homepage #0
Is it actually possible to save Tyrol and Magda, for those who don't know Tyrol and Magda are the servile and lifecrafter at the very start of the game on the first map of the game. when you are running away from the shaper creations they always get killed and I think there not supposed to because they are significant enough to have a message appear when they die. Any thoughts?

[ Wednesday, November 29, 2006 19:12: Message edited by: hani ]

--------------------
(snappy remark)your mother(/snappy remark)(/bush)
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
I'm pretty sure they're fodder for dramatic effect based on Greta's dialogue when you enter the Citadel.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3820
Profile Homepage #2
Pity, I was hoping there was some trick to it so then they could join your party.

--------------------
(snappy remark)your mother(/snappy remark)(/bush)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
It's pretty much scripted that they die. If you want you can join them by stabbing the kyshakk with your puny little dagger. It's guaranteed death.

The only things that you can attack and sometimes get experience for killing are the 2 battle alphas near the electrified field gate. Greta weakens them and occasionally you get a death blow.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #4
I cheated and I killed the enemy creations before either of them were slain. The servile... whats-her-face... twists her ankle and you end up having to leave her behind anyway. Tyrol can actually make it all the way to the fortress. However, he does not appear again after entering the fortress and other characters still say that you were the only surviving prospect.

So no, they can't really be saved... even if you save them.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

So no, they can't really be saved... even if you save them.
Hello new signature.

She twists her ankle?!? Sheesh, she can take on a Kyshaak, but she can't take a twisted ankle. It's not that bad.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #6
Magda twists her ankle in the exact place that would conviently make her break her leg, thus making you leave her behind.

Ah, the overused cliche.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Apprentice
Member # 7663
Profile Homepage #7
hold on... isn't magda training to be a HEALER? Can't she magically make her twisted ankle better, like with a minor heal or something? Ah well, another contradiction.

--------------------
never say anything bad about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. But after that, he's a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say whatever you want.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #8
Maybe she realizes that serviles aren't worthey of healing. Even from themselves...

Leaving her behind was for the best.

[ Friday, December 01, 2006 17:00: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #9
Seems to me the point in them dying is that you are the remaining rebel hope as the last one to use the Geneforge before it it disassembled. It makes you special. Don't you feel special?

-S-

[ Friday, December 01, 2006 19:28: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt