Vahnatai are shapers?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Vahnatai are shapers?
Warrior
Member # 6508
Profile #0
There are rumors that the vahnatai created nephelim, slitherkai, humans, ect. Maybe the vahnatai are shapers that gone and hid underground after bieng beaten. Also. In Avernum 4. A vahnatai says he is not a Shaper. What did he mean by it? Are the vahnatai truly the logn lost shapers?

--------------------
Spiders,webs and software is great but Spiderwebsoftware is the best.
Warrior
Member # 5161
Profile #1
Also, Vahnatai Mages in A2 are called Vahnatai Shapers, but I don't really think that all the creations would have just "gone" away. Most of them can't breed, so they probably wouldn't have evolved into the other various creatures.

--------------------
Blah blah blah I can't hear you!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by lordofdc:

There are rumors that the vahnatai created nephelim, slitherkai, humans, ect. Maybe the vahnatai are shapers that gone and hid underground after bieng beaten. Also. In Avernum 4. A vahnatai says he is not a Shaper. What did he mean by it? Are the vahnatai truly the logn lost shapers?
Yes, and they became twisted and deformed into Vahnatai after an accident with asbestos.

Just for clarity - no. No they are not Shapers. They will never be Shapers, and they never been Shapers.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - Come back to Camden, and I'll be good.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by The Sisters Cassidy.:

quote:
Originally written by lordofdc:

Yes, and they became twisted and deformed into Vahnatai after an accident with asbestos.

Just for clarity - no. No they are not Shapers. They will never be Shapers, and they never been Shapers.

But what if they were Shapers?

--------------------
"What can you do with an anthropology degree other than study people?"

"...Hunt people?"
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
Let's end this heresy once and for all. Avernum and Geneforge exist on separate worlds. Vahanatai shapers work with crystals and Geneforge shapers work with organic life.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #5
And never the twain shall meet. Well, actually Avernum 5 has a lot of Geneforge graphics. So I guess you could guess stuff like
Searing Wyrmkin = Searing Artila
Fire lizard = Fyora
Eyebeast = Eyebeast (no duh)
Drake = Drayk
etc.

It's still anathema.

Feel free to connect Avernum with Nethergate, though. :P

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Warrior
Member # 6508
Profile #6
But it would be a nice plot twist for a new Avernum game.

--------------------
Spiders,webs and software is great but Spiderwebsoftware is the best.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
The Nine-Headed Cave Cow frowns upon this topic.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
Yet I sense Drakey smiling upon it. :P

No, it's not game canon. It's not even mentioned as sub-canon on EE (because Relhan & Drakefyre is mentioned but not actually described), although it is linked to as an external resource.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
I should add that even Vahnatai Creationism in its accepted form does not posit any link whatsoever with Geneforge or Shapers. It merely claims that the Vahnatai did, at one time in the remote past, dabble in Genetomancy(?) and created the Nephilim, Slithzerikai, Humans, Chitrach and several other species, which culminated in their displacement from the surface in a rebellion by those same species. The parallels to Geneforge are (while unlikely to be accidental) completely meaningless in character.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
We know that the vahnatai do some magic that involves making new species. A3 mentions it, for sure, in the context of Rentar and the monster plagues (these were monsters that Rentar created). So the vahnatai do shape, in that sense, and they shaped even before GF ever existed.

But I think it's much more reasonable to say, based on appearances, that the Shapers are habnabits than that they are vahnatai.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00