Mental Magic?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mental Magic?
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #0
From what I understand mental magic is considered one of the most powerful branches of magic, but does do you think it makes the game too easy and/or makes the "best/easiest" classes what they are?

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 0 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=gEZyPoeEhBai"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=gEZyPoeEhBai"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Let's all just shape gazers and hope it goes away.

I make guacamole at work
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #1
As a lifecrafter, I use very little mental magic, but some spells (mental barrier, unlock, dominate/charm) are extremely helpful once in a while. Despite its sheer awesomeness, I have never cast mass madness with any character in any Geneforge game, because you can always find more than enough madness gems for those situations.

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
I've run everything but warrior. Daze/strong daze works great when you only have your character and no creations. The more creations you have, the less need for mental magic.

I used mass madness a lot in the end since even when you don't charm, the daze and slowing effects are nice. Area effect spells are great when you have a low dexterity lifecrafter that can't hit with a single target spell.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #3
Having not played GF4 all the way through, is mental magic as absurdly broken as it was in GF2?

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
Jeff fixed most of the problems during beta testing. It doesn't work as well against the major fights with named characters.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #5
lol. I wonder if Jeff realised the typo he was making when he wrote that.