Questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Questions
Apprentice
Member # 9455
Profile #0
I have noticed that if i dont make it through an area the first time. Each time i go through it, it changes and seems to be a little harder.

Is this true or just me? I get almost through the area the first time and after that, it seems almost impossible the next attempts i make at it.

For example, I finally got Ives to show where the mushrooms were and then got killed. When i came back to Ives, to get him suspicious again. I cant get him to go the mushrooms. I have hid around buildings, in the forest in different spots and he just doenst come out. I went to the place in the forest where i finally saw him enter the mushroom area and waited and nothing.

Any certain area, i should be in to trigger him to leave the building? Or should i just leave the colony and come back later. I have the more difficult areas left. Been in each of the more difficult ones a few times and got killed too easy.

thank you

jazzmine
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #1
Never happened for me. Did you touch the scripts? if not, i know YVves wont come out UNLESS you're out of his sight and not on his route. so try slinking off and leaving a creation to tell you when he leaves

--------------------
Perfect Geneforge artifact: Solidified flame+unmelting ice+Belgian chocolate+ Never-fade food colouring= The perfect m'n'm. Always heals you and never runs out. Take THAT, you make-expensive-chocolate-that-costs-too-much-andd-that-you-make-cost-too-much-
because-your-jerks-and-you-store-everyone's-money-and-jewelry-and-your-stuck-up swedes!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #2
Lifecrafter's right. I think first you need to ask him where he gets his ingredients, then he will go to check on them. You need to position yourself off his path and so you can just see him when he gets there, and unless you want to fight him, wait until he leaves to go in.

--------------------
Let's all just shape gazers and hope they go away.

My boss once told me, "Scream if it catches on fire."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Yves is pretty tricky (well, maybe not so much tricky as annoying) until you get his pattern down. I like to make any creations inactive well away from any place he goes (since I think that will cause him to become suspicious and turn back as well), wait just east of his building until I see him, and then follow him while staying out of his sight and saving occasionally.

If you are consistently having trouble, turn the difficulty down. Also, some areas aren't meant to be completely cleared until later in the game (like the Cairn Gates or the mad drayk near the bridge guarded by battle alphas).

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Typo.

[ Tuesday, August 28, 2007 05:28: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #4
You don't need to follow him, just stand off by the enterance. Quite a bit easier.

--------------------
Let's all just shape gazers and hope they go away.

My boss once told me, "Scream if it catches on fire."
Apprentice
Member # 9455
Profile #5
thank all of you for your help (and alot of patience). No, i havent even thought of touching the scrpit.(But i have noticed after going thru a area more then once, monesters have moved and do seem stronger) Just wandering if this was a progressive game, where every thing can change. Strictly just enjoy playing the game the way it is. Why mess up a good thing?
Havent a clue to what do do with the script and doont want to.

I have changed the difficulty level, and still have trouble at times. It will take me alot longer to play the game, then most people. I dont use cheats. I have even started over a few times, to make sure i havent missed things along the way. I dont use the walk through that much either.

Thanks once again for all the help.

mary
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #6
In general the game does not get harder on revisits. It gets easier, because everything you kill stays dead forever.

There are, however, a few zones in which fresh monsters are constantly being generated, by something. Those don't get much easier until you stop whatever is generating the monsters.

And in a few zones there are specific actions you can take which will alert an enemy, or activate a defense, or make somebody angry. Usually these then stay alert or activated or angry. So some zones may indeed be tougher on your second visit than it was on your very first entry. But this is not the general rule in Geneforge.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #7
I have no idea what zone you are talking about.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #8
therile colony, the one where u get the mushroom location from Yves

--------------------
Perfect Geneforge artifact: Solidified flame+unmelting ice+Belgian chocolate+ Never-fade food colouring= The perfect m'n'm. Always heals you and never runs out. Take THAT, you make-expensive-chocolate-that-costs-too-much-andd-that-you-make-cost-too-much-
because-your-jerks-and-you-store-everyone's-money-and-jewelry-and-your-stuck-up swedes!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Apprentice
Member # 6366
Profile #9
I noticed this in the G3 demo. I think sometimes the creations get more difficult to kill when I reenter an area, so it is not just you; it is just you and me.