Making A Melee Weapon into Ranged

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Making A Melee Weapon into Ranged
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #50
Kinda like the Unbound attacks? Well I think if you gave a Soulblade the reaper ability then enhanced it with acid, which I think you already did. Brainwave. Try finding the reaper attack in the scripts then changing it to the Unbound attack, then add a whole bunch of enhancements to the soulblade in the scripts to make the soulblade shoot unboud attack that does fire, cold, acid damage, slows, drains life, and curses. That would be amazingly scary.

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=
Apprentice
Member # 8682
Profile Homepage #51
ok... thanx... is there a specific thing to edit it with?

--------------------
... And the sky was torn asunder and he, the great lord of the dark, took reign and the world was his...

- A passage from " the cronicles of shadow"
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #52
Notepad..

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Warrior
Member # 9790
Profile #53
that's for PC users. if your a mac user it's textedit

--------------------
Perfect Geneforge artifact: Solidified flame+unmelting ice+Belgian chocolate+ Never-fade food colouring= The perfect m'n'm. Always heals you and never runs out. Take THAT, you make-expensive-chocolate-that-costs-too-much-andd-that-you-make-cost-too-much-
because-your-jerks-and-you-store-everyone's-money-and-jewelry-and-your-stuck-up swedes!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #54
I said that wrong, I meant change the graphics for the reaper baton attack to unbound attack then change the amount of times swords can be augmented then augment the soulblade with everything. Does that make more sense?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #55
quote:
Originally written by Haakai-Tender Valcrist:

It's possible..well, with script editing it is..
I managed to make the Puresteel Soulblade a missile weapon..a Reaper Baton to be exact..

Since I'm nice I'll show the edited script:

begindefineitem 83;
import = 68;
it_name = "Puresteel Soulblade";
it_graphic_coloradj = 64;
it_level = 15;
it_value = 5000;
it_stats_to_affect 0 = 7;
it_stats_addition 0 = 2;
it_stats_to_affect 1 = 6;
it_stats_addition 1 = 1;
it_ability = 58;

Note the "it_ability = 58;” it is a part of the "Reaper Baton" script which makes a “Reaper Baton” a "Reaper Baton"...Get the picture? Additionally, the "Puresteel Soulblade/Reaper Baton" hybrid has unlimited ammo..Yep, you read it right..UNLIMITED AMMO..

Also..the Bonuses the PSSB gives is still retained..so my wish of a Missile Weaon with Stat Bonus has come true..=)

Also...the damage of the Reaper Baton is added to the damage of the PSSB...or so it seems...

Cool idea! I couldn't get it to work properly on PC. It still acted like a sword and would splash
over effect on me and any of my party who were nearby until I made the following changes:

begindefineitem 83;
import = 68;
it_name = "Puresteel Soulblade";
it_graphic_coloradj = 64;
it_level = 15;
it_ability = 58;
it_value = 5000;
it_stats_to_affect 0 = 7;
it_stats_addition 0 = 2;
it_stats_to_affect 1 = 6;
it_stats_addition 1 = 1;

It now acts like a missile weapon and doesn't even need reapers in inventory. Great weapon!
All I did with your script is change position of 1 line.

--------------------
Aide: (tugging at General's pant leg from ground..) "Sir! Please get down!"
General: "What!?! They couldn't hit a Drakon from that dist..."
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #56
Necromancy. Please consider making anew topic next time. But anyways, welcome to the world of scripting.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #57
Uh, no. Reviving old topics is perfectly acceptable (and in fact encouraged) if the new post directly relates to the subject being discussed. Micro Phage's post is fine.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #58
Sorry, I guess I still haven't been around long enough to tell people how they should act.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #59
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Uh, no. Reviving old topics is perfectly acceptable (and in fact encouraged) if the new post directly relates to the subject being discussed. Micro Phage's post is fine.

Dikiyoba.

Thanks Diki! Seemed I was on topic considering the content of many of the posts here. Also, somehow when I quoted the 1st post in this forum it gave a different name than "Azuma". Thought I was quoting Azuma. Anyhow, the weapon hybrid rocks! And it almost appears to act like a sword at close range. Though you'll get splashed a bit by the reaper effect! Thanks Azuma for great idea!

And The Ratt, no problem. The thread is called Geneforge 4 and is titled "Making a Melee Weapon into Ranged" after the title of the 1st post. I'll look for some Necromancer posts and reply if I have something interesting to add.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #60
Originally by Micro Phage:

quote:
Also, somehow when I quoted the 1st post in this forum it gave a different name than "Azuma". Thought I was quoting Azuma.
Heh. A fascinating look at the inner workings of UBB. (To clarify, Azuma's display name at the time he made the post was probably Haakai-Tender Valcrist, so even though he's changed his name since then, that name is still connected to that post.)

quote:
I'll look for some Necromancer posts and reply if I have something interesting to add.
Dikiyoba doesn't think that's sarcasm, so necromancy is a term for (usually unwarranted) topic revivals, not a Geneforge-related discussion.

Edit: Fixed quote.

[ Monday, December 17, 2007 22:18: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #61
quote:

quote:
Also, somehow when I quoted the 1st post in this forum it gave a different name than "Azuma". Thought I was quoting Azuma.
Heh. A fascinating look at the inner workings of UBB. (To clarify, Azuma's display name at the time he made the post was probably Haakai-Tender Valcrist, so even though he's changed his name since then, that name is still connected to that post.)

Edit: Fixed quote.

All praise UBB.. :eek:

And you can do much, much, much more with script editing..creating a "Mage Blade" for example..instead of attacking opponents..when you use it..you restore Essence and SP!

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #62
quote:

I'll look for some Necromancer posts and reply if I have something interesting to add.

"Dikiyoba doesn't think that's sarcasm, so necromancy is a term for (usually unwarranted) topic revivals, not a Geneforge-related discussion."

You're right. It wasn't sarcasm. I've been playing so many different RPG's this year that I was actually wondering if there were Necromancers in this game and I'd missed something! Duh. Not to mention an occasional need for sleep after a gaming marathon! Yawn...

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #63
quote:
Originally written by Azuma:

And you can do much, much, much more with script editing..creating a "Mage Blade" for example..instead of attacking opponents..when you use it..you restore Essence and SP!
Very cool! I've had a lot of fun playing around with some of the ideas on this thread. Really glad you started it! You may have seen in the A4 forum a post about Strategy Central that mentioned an A4 Editor by Micro Phage. I'm not a total noob to these forums though it's been a while since I've played with UBB or the Spiderweb Forums. (I think an early version of UBB predated the WWW in the old Bulletin Board days before everyone was able to get web access.?.?)
Anyhow, I'm knocking some rust and dust off UBB and scripting skills. I'm finishing up a GF4 Editor. Seems fairly clean at this point. I think it's about ready to post it in the GF4 forum but if you want a peek the link is http://www.freewebs.com/microphage/index.htm I've gotten some ideas here that leave a mark in some of the custom items in it. I spend more time playing with scripts than playing a game. Then of course you need to test out the scripts and play the game again so I get a lot of mileage out of a game!

Also, I'm doing a test run on a PC program called XLnow OnScript Editor that is somewhat helpful in locating where a certain line is if you're getting crazy with script modding. I think you have to multiply the error line number in the game error message by 2 in this prog and it'll help you track where a mistake is. So there is something out there besides Notepad but it's way over powered for this. But... a try before you buy version got me past a screaming hair puller bug on the GF4 editor.

Is there anything out there besides Notepad and this for scripting? Ah, well. I'm going to sleep. The sun is starting to come up. Later!
Micro Phage

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #64
I hate to sound like a stickler but generally double posting is frown upon, though in your case it is fine.

Also have you looked at the helpful links at the top of the page? There is one for script editing in there, that has many helpful lists.

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #65
quote:
Originally written by The Ratt:

I hate to sound like a stickler but generally double posting is frown upon, though in your case it is fine.
Then why on earth did you mention it at all? This is a good example of what bothers me about football (American) announcers. They'll run off at the mouth about how the actions not taken were so spectacular, and we miss the next play altogether.

Here, you never bothered to identify what about double posting is bad. (Spiderweb has a limited amount of server space, but unlimited bandwidth, and double posting consumes more server space than just editing and lengthening a post.) You also gave the person a thumbs up for the action, without explaining why. (Occasionally it is simpler to respond to separate posts in separate posts, as long as they cover separate points. Mostly though it is better (sexier) to combine all your separate points into one post, which then becomes a huge monstrosity that can be quoted for posteriority.)

:P

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #66
Salmon..be nice to him..

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #67
When an ordinary member starts enforcing the rules, then they should expect it to be thoroughly scrutinized. Misinformation can cause a lot of confusion.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #68
quote:
Originally written by Azuma:

Salmon..be nice to him..
Typically a person uses either one period, or three. Two seems kinda odd.

Is that nice enough for you? :P

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #69
Yep..very.. :P

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #70
No, I admit, I did deserve the telling off. I felt uneasy about saying it, and it was unjustified. But on the bright side, hopefully he won't double post. :P

Also you seemed to miss my suggestion that came after my comment.

Edit: Typo and Addition

[ Wednesday, December 19, 2007 15:13: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #71
how do you enter the script editing

--------------------
UR-DRAKONS RULE. Ur-Drakons are the god of geneforge 4. They cant be beat. Ur-Drakons shall rule forever. Those who disagree should be destroyed. (I am Seriously Serious about the Seriousness of me being Serious.
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #72
how do you enter the script editing

--------------------
UR-DRAKONS RULE. Ur-Drakons are the god of geneforge 4. They cant be beat. Ur-Drakons shall rule forever. Those who disagree should be destroyed. (I am Seriously Serious about the Seriousness of me being Serious.
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #73
how do i enter the script editing

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #74
How do i enter script editing? and where

--------------------

Pages