The warrior challenge.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The warrior challenge.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #50
How is your progress now?
Also, I just beat G4 (with a warrior).
Anyway, are you thinking of shaping a drakon when you can?

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #51
I did finish the game.

However, it reached a point where I could no longer do the full clears as I had intended. I ended up avoiding some of the end game areas. I did not fight the Titan. I probably could have... But I didn't. As it was, the final battle took a long time.

I finished, extremely loyal to the shapers. In the end, I had Coldclaw, Vlindaloo, and Dingbat. I became, more or less, a walking healing battery for my pets and others around me. Much to my amazement, I managed to keep Alwan and Miranda alive right up to the end.

In the end, the warrior falls flat. Sorry, but he does. Sure, you can do 200 or 300 damage with a reaper baton, but you can only do it to one creature at a time, and ammo is limited. Swords fail miserably.

Regeneration is an extremely powerful, if somewhat subtle spell. Most classes will never realise this, because they don't need it. Mage types blow stuff up way to quick, and shaper types pound their enemies with swarms of monsters, never taking damage. Warriors, take note. When you are hacking away with a sword against a swarm of melee enemies, you probably don't have the time to down a healing pod, and they don't do much good anyway. Every turn spent downing a healing pod is a turn where the enemy is not taking damage, BUT YOU ARE. Regeneration, paired with life steal type items, like life drain from a sword, and various vampire items, while it might not seem like much at first, it adds up considerably, but you must be devoted to it. I would get back considerable hit points from regen, and top off a little more from life steal. It was worth it. I still had to cast heal, but if I took 200 damage in a round and gained back 100ish or so hit points, I was ok enough to keep fighting a while longer. It really slowed down how much time I had to waste healing.

I did manage to get my self the shaper trueweave. Yeah, I took down the soul taker twins and the old golem. Yes, it was hard. Yes, it took some reloads. I didn't wear it, but I managed to get it. Mostly, I needed the ring you get in there to boost blessing magic.

The oozing blade is a really good sword. I had lots of good swords. But the oozer is the one I kept at the ready most of the time. If you are going to go down fighting, this is the blade to do it with. It will last you through to the endgame.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #52
You know, somebody should link to this from the list of strategies and what not.

It might be slightly useful.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #53
Of course it would be quicker if you were a mod and were able to do the linking yourself.

Oh, hang on...

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #54
Slartucker hosts the links page for G4, so he will have to do it.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #55
I added this and the Insidious Infiltrator to the Strategy Central thread.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #56
Thanks, Randomizer. I was lazy...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #57
Wow, a disturbing number of "duh" moments pour moi in the last 24 hours. Maybe the lack of food while starving out a cold is leaving my brain on the back burner. I was thinking Slarty's links were off site (which some of his linked articles are), but of course the main links are in a thread any of us could have edited. Thanks, Random.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt

Pages