Best weapon for a Shaper focusing on Creations?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Best weapon for a Shaper focusing on Creations?
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #0
I'm having a little trouble deciding which weapon is best for a Shaper who focuses of mainly on creations.

The options include:

- Captain's Shiv: 4-16, +4% armor, +2 Blessing Magic, +8 creation armor, +1 creation dexterity

- Living Knife: 4-16, +4% armor, +1 Creation Strength, +1 Creation Dexterity

- Guardian Claymore: 11-55 Damage, +2 strength, +2 Quick Action, +2 Creation Strength

- Thirsting Knife: 7-28 Damage, +8 Vampiric Touch, +5 Fire Res, +2 Creation Strength, +1 Creation Dexterity.

[ Saturday, May 05, 2007 19:36: Message edited by: Suspicious Vlish ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 13 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=SccIzNGryHSW"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=SccIzNGryHSW"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
It depends upon what you do with your shaper. Captain's shiv is nice for the blessing magic boost until you have it naturally and you can always swap it. Guardian claymore is nice for the strength +2 for you since it allows for more equipment without becoming encumbered.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Since creation strength bonuses from items are apparently broken, use the Captain's Shiv unless you need the strength boost for yourself.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #3
Is the creation armour the Captain's Shiv bestows worthwhile? It doesn't seem like a significant amount. Then again, something is better than nothing...

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #4
Thuryl:
quote:

Since creation strength bonuses from items are apparently broken

Are you sure that that applies to the Windows version? Because in my version, my Creations receive a strength boost when I equip the Guardian Claymore...

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #5
The brokenness reportedly applies to actually factoring in the strength bonus to damage, not to displaying the strength bonus. All versions display it.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #6
None of those things actually.

Allow me to be the odd vlish out.

Load up on dexterity boosting items and stock up on batons. A couple of shots with a reaper baton can make a real difference in how a battle turns out.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #7
DV:
quote:
Load up on dexterity boosting items and stock up on batons. A couple of shots with a reaper baton can make a real difference in how a battle turns out.

???

Did you read my original post?

I'm asking which weapon would be best for a Shaper focusing on creating powerful creations.

If the claim about the strength boost bug is indeed correct, then it's clear that the Captain's Shiv if by far the best weapon for a 'deadweight' Shaper. Which is fantastic, given that it's found rather early in the game.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Suspicious Vlish:

DV:
quote:

???

Did you read my original post?

I'm asking which weapon would be best for a Shaper focusing on creating powerful creations.

If the claim about the strength boost bug is indeed correct, then it's clear that the Captain's Shiv if by far the best weapon for a 'deadweight' Shaper. Which is fantastic, given that it's found rather early in the game.

I guess you have never taken the time to read on my missile reports and why missile using shapers can dramatically increase the kill speed and survivability of their creations. Or even realise why submission batons and Ghlaaks and why both are so powerful together. There is a powerful synergy between missile use and creations, and being able to direct the flow of battle and damage spread. Ancilliary effects and what not.

Your loss. My apologies. Just keep doing whatever it is your doing and please ignore my advice. You wouldn't like this whole "thinking outside of the box thing".

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #9
Too many vlish, had to reread the two names.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #10
DV:
quote:

Your loss. My apologies. Just keep doing whatever it is your doing and please ignore my advice. You wouldn't like this whole "thinking outside of the box thing".

You thick headed dunce! This has nothing whatsoever to do with me failing to think 'outside the box'. The problem is that you lack the skills to adequately comprehend literature.

Go away and get a first grade education, and then maybe you'll have something worthwhile to say. Until then, you're just another village idiot (on the same par as ET), whose opinion is worth diddly squat.

[ Saturday, May 12, 2007 15:26: Message edited by: Suspicious Vlish ]

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #11
Don't do that again. Consider this thread locked.

There was no call to be uncivil.

--------------------