Useful creations/spells

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Useful creations/spells
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #0
I've played through the game again as a lifecrafter, and at times found myself a bit strapped for cash when I wanted to buy a decent skill.

Being economical never hurts, so one should only purchase skills/creations/spells that are useful.

The creations that I find useful include:

Fyora/Cyroa (early game)
Artila (early game).
Vlish (middle and late game)
Drayk/Cyrodrayk (late and very late game)
Wingbolt (late game)
Gazer/Eyebeast (very late game)
Drakon/Ur-Drakon (very late)
Kyshakk (late and very late game)

In general, I've found battle creations to be plain trash. Fire creations have the same, if not more, hitpoints (the Kyshakk has more HP's than the Rotgroth!)

Roamers and Pyroroamers are just pointless. And what use do plated artilas have?

Charged creations seem to be pointless. Has anyone here found a Charged Vlish to be good enough to justify its cost, and constantly declining HP's? What about the Burning Kyshakk/Wingbolt?

I'll comment on spells a bit later.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
I've never tried to keep a roamer around for more than one or two battles, but they're useful. There are plenty of monsters that are highly resistant to fire and/or cold, and if you're going with fire shaping only roamers are a great source of acid damage.

—Alorael, who mostly agrees. Rotghroths have their supporters, but they don't seem to be worth the battle shaping investment. Anything likely to die quickly (charged creations) or designed to explode on impact (pyroroamers) just isn't worth the time it takes to shape it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
The worst part about exploding creations like pyroroamers, burning kyshakk, etc. is being in their collateral damage zone when they die. It's nice doing it to opponents, but I can't see risking having it happen to myself.
Apprentice
Member # 8390
Profile #3
If you're going purist pro-shaper, i.e. no canisters, then the only ultimate creature you can get is War Trall, which is pretty good when it has no competition on its own tier. In fact, since the only competetive creatures, Kyshakk and Wingbolt, both deal energy damage, the War Trall's straight physical damage brings much needed elemental diversity to your critters' ranged arsenal.

Of course, once you bring Drayks, etc. back nto the picture, you're back to War Trall sucking. Still, Clawbug/Plated Clawbug are pretty good mid-game.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Sir Spiff:

If you're going purist pro-shaper, i.e. no canisters, then the only ultimate creature you can get is War Trall, which is pretty good when it has no competition on its own tier.
As far as I know, there aren't actually any trainers who train you in Create War Trall -- Shaper Grim doesn't, at any rate. It'd certainly make sense if it were the only "legal" creation of its tier, but it isn't.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8390
Profile #5
Wait, really? I could've sworn he did... That makes no sense. Well, there goes that argument.

[ Monday, April 02, 2007 03:19: Message edited by: Sir Spiff ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #6
Spiff:

quote:
Still, Clawbug/Plated Clawbug are pretty good mid-game.
Huh? Clawbugs do pitiful damage.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Apprentice
Member # 8390
Profile #7
When you get 'em, I'd say they do decent damage with the added benefit of poison.