Energy Preservation

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Energy Preservation
Apprentice
Member # 1423
Profile #0
Has anyone tested Energy Preservation in GF4? I searched the forums but didn't see anything.

It seems like a great idea in theory...if I understand it correctly it's supposed to reduce the energy costs of your spells by a certain percentage.

I tried on the preservation suit I got from killing Nakel but I couldn't see any difference in energy or essence costs.
Apprentice
Member # 8380
Profile #1
Never heard of it, try re installing it or something. Usually that works.

--------------------
forgot mah old pass ;(
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #2
Yeesh -- I'm usually not one for swiping at newbies, but that was a horrible reply.

In fact, I felt compelled to reply if only to state that yes, energy preservation exists, but at least in games past it has been a relatively weak effect, and in GF4 there have always been better equipment options than those offering a bit of energy preservation ... and hence I haven't even tested its (im)potence.

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
Energy preservation is similar to magical efficeincy in Avernum 4. You can cast a spell and use less than the amount listed in the spell description. In practice there are better items that you would rather have equiped to help with something else.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7723
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by wary wanderer:

that was a horrible reply.
Yes, but somehow hilarious to me.
Apprentice
Member # 8390
Profile #5
Even if it works as well as it claims to, essence pods are abundant, and there is no shame in running like a scared little girl, so Energy Preservation is kind of useless.
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #6
If you could get 50+% energy preservation in the game, it might be worth it. Twice the number of aura of flames. Too bad that such a thing is impossible.

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Apprentice
Member # 8380
Profile #7
@wary correction

not exactly a noob, just a stalker, read my sig thats why there's a 2 in my name. i havent came out until i lost my pw and gf4 came out

Second, i thought he was talking about an item unrelated to the game.like in a trainer or a file full of new items. (Preservation suit? never heard of it.)

E:

feh i just saw that he was talking about essence, not energy.
And, i've never saw a Preservation Suit in this game, is it a one time thing? And if it is an item
then what does it do?
I have heard of such a thing named Essence Preservation in GF3.

--------------------
forgot mah old pass ;(
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by D.Drew2:

And, i've never saw a Preservation Suit in this game, is it a one time thing? And if it is an item then what does it do?
As the original poster mentioned, Nakel in Northern Fens drops it when killed. As might be gathered from the topic title, it gives a bonus to Energy Preservation. What exactly Energy Preservation does is the present topic of discussion; the original poster has observed no effect from it.

(I presume it does slightly reduce energy costs for spellcasting, but it indubitably sucks.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!