Here's to the upcoming GF 5 and 6 ...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Here's to the upcoming GF 5 and 6 ...
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #0
From the latest Spiderweb newsletter (emphasis added):

quote:
We have begun beta testing for the next chapter of the Geneforge saga, Geneforge 4: Rebellion! At last, the conspiracies of the first half of the story have broken out into open warfare.
Maybe this is being too literal, but I infer that Jeff intends there to be two more GF games after G4. Can the series really stay fun and interesting that long? I don't know, but my experience so far in beta-testing G4 makes me feel that the series is definitely not getting tired yet -- there's a lot of creativity in this one. We'll have a better idea how much further the series could run once we see how many fresh possibilities this next instalment raises.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Loyal Underling
Member # 13
Profile #1
Agreed. But that's always what you think after beta-testing the first 1/4 or 1/5 of the game :P

--------------------
[i]Great Potato[/i]
"Unless by the force of eloquence they mean the force of truth; for if such is their meaning, I admit that I am eloquent." -- Socrates
Posts: 126 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
I'm getting tired of the plot. Maybe Jeff can do something interesting in GF5, but I would like to see something seriously different. There is a whole world where Shapers aren't known or weren't in GF1. The Sholai had't heard of them because of the ocean.

You could have a more advanced shaper going through an area where there isn't the support for learning except for combat and magic skills.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

I'm getting tired of the plot. Maybe Jeff can do something interesting in GF5, but I would like to see something seriously different. There is a whole world where Shapers aren't known or weren't in GF1. The Sholai had't heard of them because of the ocean.

You could have a more advanced shaper going through an area where there isn't the support for learning except for combat and magic skills.

Um, this would be BoG. Which isn't in the cards for at least a year. Patience, and practice with BoA until then. There is nothing that says you can't make a Geneforge world using the BoA engine.

--------------------
WWtNSD?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Spoilt Salmon:
There is nothing that says you can't make a Geneforge world using the BoA engine.

The only problem is creations. Running an agent or guardian is fairly easy.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #5
Use summoning, or write a script that attachs the creatures to the caster (bodyguard.txt?). Or perhaps the scenario takes place in an area where shaping is disrupted and creations are unstable, exploding or changing or disappearing.

--------------------
WWtNSD?
Warrior
Member # 7099
Profile #6
have you guys played Freedom Fighters? Have it set up like that. Its fairly simple.

--------------------
I like everyone...I just like some people more than others!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #7
I've said this before, but personally I'm ready to see something totally new. Don't get me wrong, I like Geneforge and Avernum, but I think it's time for a nice standalone game like Nethergate.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #8
I'm thinking that what's next will be cleaning up. First as peace keeper, destroying isolated pockets of resistance, just after the war. Second as helping setting up the new government.

--------------------
Pass the sauerkraut and chips please.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by *i:

I've said this before, but personally I'm ready to see something totally new. Don't get me wrong, I like Geneforge and Avernum, but I think it's time for a nice standalone game like Nethergate.
I agree. I generally dislike long series, because quality tends to degrade over time and even if it doesn't, I prefer to read/watch/play something new. Even the best story gets stale if it's milked too much. I'll probably try a demo of Gf4, but it would have to be better than any previous games (a very high bar to cross) for me to register it.

[ Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:11: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

I agree. I generally dislike long series, because quality tends to degrade over time and even if it doesn't, I prefer to read/watch/play something new. Even the best story gets stale if it's milked too much. I'll probably try a demo of Gf4, but it would have to be better than any previous games (a very high bar to cross) for me to register it.
I dunno. I think most companies where the long series got dry and stuff were large ones, y'know? Jeff could pull it off. With a lot of effort.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #11
Whoa, did I just witness topic necromancy? :P

[ Wednesday, September 27, 2006 08:34: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #12
No dout! I thought wtf "newsletter" I didn't get one.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 3746
Profile #13
Oh, bah... It was a month and 10 days old. Leniency, I plead!