Shock Trooper

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shock Trooper
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #0
What is the point of a Shock Trooper? They have conflicting points. I just don't understand how you can use those.

--------------------
A duke is just a duke but you see, I am "The Duke"
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
You create a bunch of creations and then you and your creations rush gleefully into battle and kill everything in sight. If creations+weapons doesn't sound good to you, don't play it. There are four other classes you can play.

Dikiyoba happens to like the combination. It may not always be optimal, but it's fairly fun.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Thuryl ran a challenge with a no spell shocktrooper and showed that it works. Actually with enough intelligence, you can create an army of creations to destroy most anything. If you prefer spells to weapons then go lifecrafter.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #3
But the Shock Trooper makes a better "cower by the exit-every skill point into intelligence" build than the Lifecrafter.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Thuryl ran a challenge with a no spell shocktrooper and showed that it works.
Further to this: ignoring magic actually makes the Shock Trooper better. A few points in Healing Craft isn't a bad idea (and is just as cheap as it would be for a lifecrafter), but you really can ignore Blessing Magic entirely and make up for the deficit with pods and spores. You do have to be reasonably frugal with them, though, and you miss out on Spine Shield and Elemental Shield. My Shock Trooper "challenge" was actually easier than my first attempt at a Lifecrafter, but I do think it would have been harder than an optimised Lifecrafter build. Still fun, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #5
Thanks for the imput. When I first saw that it just struck me as useless. By the way anyone know why they put that graphic in their for the character because it seems to remind me of a priest character in an avernum game and this is a warrior/shaper cross?

--------------------
A duke is just a duke but you see, I am "The Duke"
Apprentice
Member # 3612
Profile #6
I use the Shock Trooper to smack the enemy from behind with batons and gems. I have always played my shapers this way in previous games. I never have enough essence to cast spells after I make my creations.

P.S. The graphic is a Shock trooper holding a baton.