Shaper Monarch

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Shaper Monarch
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #0
Is there a way to get into the area where Monarch is without having a huge skill in mechanics?

--------------------
A duke is just a duke but you see, I am "The Duke"
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
Be more specific; There are several spots that require mechanics skill. Are you hacking into Northern Grosch, are you close to Monarch's personal chambers, or are you somewhere else?

Anyway there is a single route to Monarch that requires no mechanics. Prepare for a bloodbath, though. First, go into the fens just west of Shaper Camp Gamma and smash your way through the hordes of rogues there. Then, go up into Southern Grosch and hack your way to the north end of that zone (Make sure you've done the rescue Khyryk quest first). Then, head into Northern Grosch, and hug the zone border and head west to the water. Sticking to the water, head north and take down the three Battle Alphas. Head east, hacking your way through more rogues and some servile defenders, and descend into the pit as quickly as possible.

Now, confront Monarch and have your creations pursue him. Meanwhile, break off to the west and enter the room with the vats. Work your way around there (if possible, try to avoid picking a fight with the techs) and unlock the door. Make sure to keep your creations pounding Monarch in the meantime. Follow the path, and slip around the mines. Then, finish Monarch.

That was probably a lot more than you were asking for, wasn't it?

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Having three Servile Technicians from the rebel camp on your side means you only need 5 mechanics to disable enough mines to clear a path. I think you don't even need that much if you approach from the south (which means entering from Southern Grosch).

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
[Edit: Too slow.]

There are also a few items (the tinker's gloves, tinker's bauble, and infiltrator tunic) that you can equip to get a higher mechanics skill, if you need it.

Dikiyoba.

[ Saturday, March 10, 2007 19:46: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
Sure, if you like to fight.

Go to Southern Grosch and head north to exit the zone into Northern Grosch. In Northern Grosch you head east or west along the edge to avoid the mines since the disarms are on the other side. Round the buildings to fight a group sitting around the campfire. Then head to the center and kill 4 serviles guarding the stairs down.

You are now in Monarch's Realm. Head west and you will find him waiting. He will usually flee north through the electrified fields. The controls are to the west in a spore box.

Edit - Beaten because my computer crashed and I had to reboot.

[ Saturday, March 10, 2007 19:45: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #5
Thanks alot! I didn't know you could get around those mines. P.S. how do you add Graemlins?

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #6
The FAQ does a pretty good job of answering this one.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Warrior
Member # 8285
Profile #7
Thanks. :D

--------------------