A problem with +creature str and hit %

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A problem with +creature str and hit %
Apprentice
Member # 8155
Profile #0
Hey all

Something I noticed and wanted to see if it's a bug or not.

Increasing creature strength by spending essence increases their hit%. However, I've noticed that increasing their strength through items - I've tested the girdle of might and the guardian sword - did not.

Their character sheet records the increased but it seems to not be applied to hit% at least.

Seneschal
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #1
Each point of strength should add 5% hit chance. If you have not mistaken, items increasing creation strength without boosting to hit is a bug.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
I can confirm that I've observed the same behaviour. I strongly suspect it's a bug, but you'd have to ask Jeff to know for sure if it was intended or not.

[ Thursday, February 22, 2007 04:27: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #3
Does the girdle of avoidance add creation chance to dodge?
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
Weird. I'm almost sure Str + items added damage in previous games, but haven't tested that in G4. Anyone try it?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Damage can increase without taking the chance to hit up with it.

—Alorael, who now can't find any games in which he has any creation strength enhancing items. In fact, he appears not to have any saved games at all. Oops?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8160
Profile #6
Actually it seemed a little bit messed up to me. (v1.0.2 Mac)

Unlike manual increases, creature strength bonuses from items will not increase hit chance nor damage according to my observations. So they are totally useless except maybe the stun resistance part.
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #7
I confirm that strength from item will NOT increase damage. Dex works alright with chance to dodge.
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #8
Yeah, I tested with a weapon that gives +2 creation str and +1 creation dex, and had them attack each other, and they were 5% more likely to hit when I did not have it equipped.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Apprentice
Member # 8160
Profile #9
I think we need an imminent fix in the next update. It killed all my enthusiasm :( .

People even tend to change their lower-tier creations because they think that they don't hit reliably. As a lifecrafter, I wear items that total "+6 strength of creations", neglecting this equals to a 12 level difference in strength. It is not like it gets hard, but why wouldn't I want my creations to be stronger.
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #10
In case no one else do, I mailed to Jeff about this.
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #11
This is a bug, and it will be fixed in a future update. Until then, I'd avoid relying on items that give strength to creations. (Items that improve other pet stats appear to work.)

No time frame available on a patch, I'm afraid. So far, this is the only known bug of note, and I'm pretty swamped.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Apprentice
Member # 8073
Profile #12
We need to come up with more bugs. My lifecrafter is already having a tough enough time on torment. My creations need more strength (or at least full advantage of the strength they have).

--------
Ultimate Supreme Warrior Lord Philosopher Sovereign Wizard Jester of the Super Noobs