Attack of the Golem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Attack of the Golem
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
All right, right now, I'm trying to kill Shaftoe. I've already repaired Moseh and killed Eliza. Now, I fare well against Shaftoe, and his creations pose absolutely no threat, since I use Dominate on them. However, that golem Shaftoe summons is beating my poor army into a pulp. Try what I might, I can't do any significant damage to it, since the 5-10 points of damage I inflict on it get restored the very next round. I'm at wits end with this golem. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #1
Essence shackles. Works great. Wrack also manages to be useful throughout the whole game, too.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
Is there anyway to actually kill it, though?

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #3
Nalyd can only offer general strategic advice, since he has never fought that particular battle. He is sorry.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 7083
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Is there anyway to actually kill it, though?
I seem to recall it poofing upon Shaftoe's death and the guardian was squishier than the golem. However, in my case Shaftoe was almost dead by the time he summoned the golem so he might have had other tricks I didn't see. A servile plus two cannon fodder drakes can be quite nasty.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
The golem goes away after Shaftoe is killed. It is supposed to be charmable, but I never tried. Just use essence shackles and keep it busy.

The worry is that Shaftoe builds up an area energy attack if you wait too long. So if you get messages at the bottom about it then move back for several rounds until it goes off.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Simon Yu:

I seem to recall it poofing upon Shaftoe's death and the guardian was squishier than the golem. However, in my case Shaftoe was almost dead by the time he summoned the golem so he might have had other tricks I didn't see.
The golem does in fact die upon Shaftoe's death, and Shaftoe does in fact have another trick up his sleeve in the meantime. Hint: if you see the message "Shaftoe is surrounded by an awesome cloud of energy" in the status line, get the heck out of his line of sight until the next round.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #7
I am a rebel lifecrafter and for some reason or choices I have made, I can't cast essence shackles (even if I could, my essence is 1 due to creations...)
I tried hitting that golem with swords and acid batons and didn't work, I just decided not to try to kill Shaftoe yet.

[ Sunday, February 18, 2007 18:55: Message edited by: Marcelo ]

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
Don't attack the golem or use one creation to keep it occupied and off your character. It's everything into Shaftoe. Keep him stunned with submission thorns, stun wand, massive damage, etc. Charged vlish or glaahks also work.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #9
I'll try that.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #10
Ok, I absorved my roamers and made 2 Glaahks. I concentrated on Shaftoe only, using speed spores and acid baton, I escaped "when he charged a cloud of energy" and did well, but I get killed as the golem and his pets (thad, cryora, servant golem and a worm) attack me.

My question is, should I kill the pets (except the golem of course) and then concentrate my attacks on Shaftoe or he will keep making more and more pets???

Edit: checking spelling...

[ Monday, February 19, 2007 08:01: Message edited by: Marcelo ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #11
Thanks, I finally defeated Shaftoe. Turns out, the golem is vulnerable to mental spells. I charmed it and set it against it's master.

Also, those creations keep on popping up even after Shaftoe is killed. It's the servant minds to the north that are making them, and I'd imagine that if you killed them, the creations would stop coming.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #12
You can do a hasted run past Shaftoe if you do it right. Then you can go kill all the servant minds and summoners. Kill the servant mind first to stop it from summoning. This eliminates the summoned creatures. Then do hit and run on Shaftoe until he is dead. Leave the golem alone.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #13
Any particular suggestion on dealing with the 3 servant minds? (is melee better? or acid/venom attacks? etc) because man, these guys are tough too! oh btw, one of them is rogue, does that make any difference?
Thanks!
:P

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #14
You have to kill the rogue one for Shaftoe if you help him. Nalyd recalls that melee works well. You should lead with Searer, though, since acid never hurts.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #15
There are 4 minds that will summon creations to defend themselves. Range attacks seem to be better since they are really nasty in melee. Try to take out the minds quickly since the northernmost one summons kyshakks. Acid batons and crystals seem to work well.

It's suppose to be possible to kill Shaftoe before the servant minds start summoning.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #16
I refuse to help Shaftoe as I am here to kill him (I am a rebel).
Thanks for your input.
But I'm scareeed :rolleyes:
I will return to make my contribution after I defeat them -if...

--------------------