Weapon types?..

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Weapon types?..
Apprentice
Member # 8064
Profile #0
Melee weapons are marked with a specific type- melee attack, shortsword, broadsword, stunblade, but appearently nothing else is mentioned about it. What do they mean, exactly? 'stunblade' partially explains itself, but the rest don't.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
A short sword does a bonus 1-4 points of damage for every level of Strength and Melee Weapons. A broadsword does a bonus 1-5 points of damage for every level of Strength and Melee Weapons. That's the only real difference between them. Later you'll find other special weapons like the Oozing Blade, which are also mostly self-explanatory.

[ Sunday, February 11, 2007 13:21: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Stun blade is supposed to have a better chance of stunning your opponent. Most people upgrade to the steel broadsword since dead opponents don't need to be stunned.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
On a similar subject, what does the 'vampiric touch' do? I'm playing a lifecrafter so I can't really use a sword, but I'm just curious.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Vampiric touch gives you some health whenever you hit an enemy. I'm not really sure how useful it is because I spend my time using non-melee weapons, but it's nice.

—Alorael, who recommends not getting hurt so you don't need to start sucking the life out of your foes.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
Vampiric touch gives you a chance of draining health from your enemy, I think equal to the total vampiric touch of your items. This chance happens on any attack. Even non-lethal spells like essence shackles will trigger the message that you drained them.

In playing with a thirsting knife, the gloves and greaves that have it I found that I wasn't getting back enough to make it a useful way to play. There are plenty of better items for a lifecrafter.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Even non-lethal spells like essence shackles will trigger the message that you drained them.
On a related note, wearing vampiric touch gear while attacking or casting a spell on an undead creature seems to damage you instead of healing you. Fortunately, there are so few undead in the game that this isn't *usually* a problem.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 8064
Profile #7
Thanks...
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #8
The Stunning Blade doesn't have a better chance of stunning. It *actually* adds several levels of stunning directly. This is significant because unlike G1-3, where every attack had a good chance of stunning if it did a lot of damage, stunning is rare.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Hashi the Drug-Sniffing Canine:

The Stunning Blade doesn't have a better chance of stunning. It *actually* adds several levels of stunning directly. This is significant because unlike G1-3, where every attack had a good chance of stunning if it did a lot of damage, stunning is rare.
Is it just me or do Shock Tralls do the same thing? I know that my servile was getting the hell stunned out of him against Khyryk once he started making Shock Tralls.

[ Monday, February 12, 2007 14:17: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #10
The missile attack used by Shock Tralls stuns, as do Stun Wands, Submission Batons, the Stunning Blade, and the melee attacks of Glaahks and Gazers.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #11
Personally, as a lifecrafter I just equip a weapon that gives a defensive bonus and never attack with it.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s