Geneforge 4 FAQ?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Geneforge 4 FAQ?
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #0
Is there a FAQ for Geneforge 4 anywhere? I would like to find out more information about it. Spiderweb would have the final aproval of the FAQ and all its questions and answers.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
If you mean a walkthrough on GameFAQs, you'll probably have to wait until the game is released for that.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #2
Maybe he means a FAQs about system requirements.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
You can ask questions and they may be answered here, but most questions can only be frequently asked after the game in question is released.

—Alorael, who can say that system requirements are somewhat up in the air right now. As usual, Spiderweb does not make heavy demands. As unusual, Universal has apparently thrown things for a loop.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
It sounds more like a traditional FAQ is what was requested. With the game being revised between beta testing and release some of the info will be altered. A FAQ probably won't be out until 2 months after release if Avernum 4 was any indication so any info will be in this forum.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #5
I'm going to attempt to put together a file on game mechanics and other useful information, which I expect will take a couple weeks at the most for a first draft. Every time I play one of these big RPGs, I make lots of notes, the equivalent of 3/4 of a FAQ minus the walkthrough section, but I never do much to share them. I've decided I really ought to change that.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #6
Well, you're the right guy for the job. But I bet that the G4 walkthrough will be a long one. It's a complicated game.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #7
On average I find it takes about 1 month of writing and playing to get to a release version of a FAQ, and about another month to finish it. If you're beta-testing, you have a significant leg-up on others, and can have a final version about 1 month after release.

Also, GameFAQs really seems to like Spiderweb FAQs. Be sure to submit it to the "FAQ of the Month" contest. I have won $200 from writing spiderweb walkthroughs (G1, G2, G3, and A4), and I'm pretty sure others have won for A1, A3, and E3.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #8
Whoa. 200 gold pieces. Anyway...

Are you going to write a FAQ for GF4, right? Be warned: you won't be the only one. :cool:

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #9
My main questions are what are the 5 available classes and what are thier strengths weaknesses. Are there any new types of creations and what other diferences/improvements are there over the previous Geneforge games. If anybody else has some questions they would like answered maybe they can post them here.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
The five classes are all like the old classes: out of combat, magic, and shaping skill sets, you get one for fewer skill points, one for the average number, and one for more. The one possible arrangement that isn't included hasn't yet been revealed by Jeff, and I'm afraid of the NDA.

There is one new creation of each type and there are two new spells of each type.

There are a few new snazzy graphics.

—Alorael, who could maybe be more helpful if he were more familiar with the older Geneforges. Sadly, he's not.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #11
Geneforge 4 is much prettier in terms of effects and general environment than any other SW game.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
A Geneforge FAQ will take longer because unlike Avernum, there are different factions that each produce different results. You have to play the game through once for each faction and I think for servile and human to get all the major information. Even then there are item drops that depend upon randomness.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #13
I agree, GF4 will be a more complicated game to give an FAQ to because of the many different paths involved. Of course, all of these questions will be answered in time. :P

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #14
Well, idealy the questions would be answered by Jeff himself or a representative of Spiderweb Software, at least until the game is available to everyone. I don't want anybody to violate the NDA so that is why I suggested Spiderweb get final aproval of the answers.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
Well, SW seldom reads these forums, so you'd be better off emailing them.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!