Is retroactive benefits for creations possible?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Is retroactive benefits for creations possible?
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #0
Would it be possible to make retroactive benefits for creations? For example say you make a Fyora when you only have one in fire shaping, Later your fire shaping improves. It would be nice if the bonuses gained from the increase can be retroactively applied to your creations. Having to absorb your old creations after they have gained levels to make stronger low level creations is rather bothersome
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
Well, your creations gain levels with you so absorbing them and recreating them would probably make something worse overall. It could be interesting and useful from a playing perspective, although it does make little actual sense.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
You have to calculate whether the new creation is more powerful than the one that has levelled up with you. The easiest way is to save the file and then absorb the creation and recreate it. Then you can compare the stats from the two versions. If you've gained enough shaping levels/items/creation levels then it might payoff.
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #3
Well, what I was hoping was that any benefits from skill gains would be applied to the creature upon increase. So if you create a Fyora when you have 1 fire skill and 1 create Fyora, then later on your skill in fire is 5 and your skill in create Fyora is 4 after it gained 12 levels I would like it to be as if the Fyora had been originaly created with the skills at those values. It is probably to late to change the code to allow this, but can it possibly be done using a script?

[ Friday, September 15, 2006 04:08: Message edited by: Kennedy ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
I don't think it can, and I'm not sure that it's really necessary or even desirable.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #5
I have noticed that many time in GF3 is better to keep your initial Fyora... When I found the Dryak Shabing Skill, the old Fyora was still better.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #6
One mistake I made in GF 3 was absorbing both my old fyoras to free up essence for a cryoa. Both fyoras were of a higher lvl than the cyroa was.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #7
Indeed.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
I said before you have to compare the old and new creations to determine which is better. In the first few areas of GF2, I was increasing by fire creation skills faster than my creations were leveling up so it paid off to replace my cryoa with a more powerful version for the same amount of essence. It doesn't always work so you have to decide based upon your individual circumstances.