Agent Mouawad

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Agent Mouawad
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #0
Agent Mouawad in Rivergate Keep styles herself a "guide and inspector from the Shaper Council" making it sound as if she merely works for them. However, in your coversation with her, she repeatedly refers to the shaper council in terms of 'we' and 'us' like when she says "there are nine of us." Is she just a representative of the Council or is she actually one of the nine?

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #1
Interesting observation. I never noticed but now I'm wondering. It would make sense to have one of the council there to watch over the war against the rebellion.
Apprentice
Member # 7663
Profile Homepage #2
It would be dissappointing if she was. In the previous Geneforge games, the council seemed like some sort of mythological superpower that no human eyes can see unless you beat the game. Now we find out one of 'ems just some washed up agent who needs the help of a rebel to go fight roamers and vlish.

--------------------
never say anything bad about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. But after that, he's a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say whatever you want.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #3
Well, if she left the keep a hired assasin would probably kill her. Also, if you have enouh money, it's proably easier to hire someone to do a job like that. Another theory is that she's showing you a way to get to Moseh without breaking his defense.

However, I would be just as dissapointed as you.

[ Tuesday, December 05, 2006 14:57: Message edited by: Kyrek ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
Perhaps any loyal member of the Shaper hierarchy might identify enough with hierarchy to use 'we' and 'us' in these contexts. That is, 'there are nine of us' could just mean 'nine of us shapers'.

After all, if Mouawad were a Council member she would presumably outrank Alwan, and not have to put up with his decisions about trusting rebel freaks.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
It's likely the agent has delusions of granduer and thinks because she works for the Council and was assigned tasks that she is part of them. After all in all beauracracies the aides that handle the major work for the bosses begin to think of themselves as the boss, They do all the real work and the boss gets to rubberstamp the approval,
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #6
I'd like to think that she is a mere representative, but that "there are nine of us" line really has me vexed. I mean, if you worked for a US Senator, you would never say "there are 50 of us." Strange choice of words on Jeff's part. This seems like the kind of thing you would want to make absolutly clear. The Shaper Council is no small matter.

--------------------
You lose.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #7
quote:
I mean, if you worked for a US Senator, you would never say "there are 50 of us."
Be that there are 100 US senators (2 for each of the 50 states) I would hope none of them would say that. :P

[ Tuesday, December 05, 2006 17:43: Message edited by: *i ]

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #8
Look, I'm a political science major, I think about that kind of stuff all day, I can't be expected to get it right in my time off as well.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
I find that reasoning worrisome.

—Alorael, who decided that there are three guardians, three agents, and three shapers on the council. Like all good Shaper bureaucracies, however, the shapers hold all the powerful, the guardians just look beefy and impressive, and the agents get sent out to do dirty work.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Alorael:
I find that reasoning worrisome.
You shouldn't, Emperor's don't take nearly as much time off as certain presidents.
quote:
—Alorael, who decided that there are three guardians, three agents, and three shapers on the council.
Oh, you decided, did you?
quote:
agents get sent out to do dirty work.
Does that mean you do think Agent Mouawad is one of the nine?

[ Tuesday, December 05, 2006 18:17: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #11
I still think Council hatchet woman. The Council wouldn't send one of their own out to the front lines. Anyone sent out from the Council would worry that his/her fellow members were plotting to eliminate them.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

I'd like to think that she is a mere representative, but that "there are nine of us" line really has me vexed. I mean, if you worked for a US Senator, you would never say "there are 50 of us." Strange choice of words on Jeff's part. This seems like the kind of thing you would want to make absolutly clear. The Shaper Council is no small matter.
But if you were explaining human government to aliens, you might well say, 'a group of 100 of us has to approve all our laws'.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

quote:
—Alorael, who decided that there are three guardians, three agents, and three shapers on the council.
Oh, you decided, did you?

I moonlight as the secret overlord behind the Shaper Council.

quote:
quote:
agents get sent out to do dirty work.
Does that mean you do think Agent Mouawad is one of the nine?

Yes, except it's more like three plus three bodyguards and three gofers.

—Alorael, who now has a new moderately conspiratorial theory. Unfortunately he can't share it. He doesn't know who might be reading.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7734
Profile #14
I believe that Agent Mouawad may very well be a member of the Council and most likely, the senior ranking agent of her sect. Having said that, her presence at the keep shouldn't be considered unusual. General Alwan (Guardian) is the senior commander of the Shaper Army. An army that includes all three sects in an all out war on two fronts. The humans (Rebels) and the creations (Drakon/Servile). Mouawad would be the Council's on-scene final authority in any questionable decisions; and consider this, the person responsible for authorizing or implementing covert strategies of the Council. Don't forget that in GF3 the Drakons didn't really have much use for humans and only used the Serviles as cannon fodder. Early in GF4 it's revealed to you that the rebellion is divided and the Creations don't get along well with the Rebels or vis-a-vis.

IMHO, Mouawad is there in an attempt to bring the Rebel forces and the Shapers together as allies against the 'Drakons' and "your" character is the focus of whether or not it happens. Any takers (tongue in cheek) on this theory?

:eek:

--------------------
"Nam et ipsa scientia potestas es"