Storing Items?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Storing Items?
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #0
Is there any place to store items in A4?
I'm tired of carrying around all these stupid forgeing items (and herbs), since my mage is over her weight limit, and it's making me mad.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #1
Anywhere you drop a pile of goods, it will stay there waiting for you to pick it all up later. There is a limit of what...forty or sixty-something(?) items you can leave out in one place though before some start disappearing.

Good places to leave piles of loot are in the road where you will hit it on your way back to, say, Fort Monastery, or in front of a city gate. For reasons you may or may not understand yet, leaving a pile of loot in front of a city pylon is not a bad idea either.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #2
I just put it in Fort Avernum by the teleporter, probably the most central location in the game.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #3
Ah, good point, I had seen stuff occasionally dissapear, so I was afraid to drop anything I needed. Fort Avernum's a good place though.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
Thre are a number of places with handy containers, Fort Monastery among them. I like to keep my crafting and alchemy ingredients separate from the random knick-knacks that I collect, and I also have a separate location for quest items that need to be stockpiled. Containers are useful for all of these things.

—Alorael, who just wishes that dropping five Healing Herbs into a box that contains a stack of 35 Healing Herbs would result in a stack of 40 instead of two separate stacks.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 2115
Profile #5
Do containers not lose items over time?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
No. Towns might lose items if there are too many in one screen, but I've filled Fort Monastery with large amounts of junk and never had any of it disappear.

—Alorael, who believes he managed to get up to six "pages" of container space filled by the end of A4.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
Containers follow the same rules as leaving stuff on the ground, as far as I know.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #8
i really wish you have a locker or something or something to store items in every town... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
You do. It's called THE GROUND.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
Does anyone else lay out the supplies they've carefully hoarded in organized piles spread out over the ground?

Dikiyoba is glad that none of the NPCs are thieving magpies.
Apprentice
Member # 6177
Profile #11
No, I store each different type in a different box. :)
Why do people insist on refering to themselves in the third person? It's somewhat.... bizarre.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #12
The living incarnation of god agrees.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00