Are there secret passages?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Are there secret passages?
Apprentice
Member # 6579
Profile #25
I personaly liked Far Sight. It made finding things so much faster that it made the game more fun. Then you could find the best path and also hidden passages.
Apprentice
Member # 6591
Profile #26
Okay, would you enlighten us as to where it is?[/QUOTE]

West of Spire. The rock formation east of Gervaise's camp.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
The area behind it isn't completely empty; there's a pool of water that restores your spell energy. Admittedly, that's pretty much the least useful thing that could be there without it being completely worthless.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #28
It would be nice if the Abyss was actually difficult to travel though, but as it is, it's a pretty easy trek.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #29
awwwwwwwww!!!!!
there isn't secret passages :mad: :mad:
arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!
that sucks, really jeff i would have expected better of you :(

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6591
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

The area behind it isn't completely empty; there's a pool of water that restores your spell energy. Admittedly, that's pretty much the least useful thing that could be there without it being completely worthless.
I know, I just figured there was no way that a spell restorer would be a reward for completing a quest.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally by ZombieHunter3291: I personaly liked Far Sight.
My strategy in A2 was, once you got a Far Sight scroll (since you got one before you learned the spell) was to carry it around, find a likely spot, save the game, use the scroll, reload, and enter the secret passage. In BoA, all you needed was to examine the town with the scenario editor.

Dikiyoba knows that those strategies may be considered cheating, but are better than going leftrightleftrightupdownupdown all the time.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Dikiyoba knows that those strategies may be considered cheating, but are better than going leftrightleftrightupdownupdown all the time.
I very much doubt they're faster than an actual search. Certainly they wouldn't be in the Geneforge/A4 engine. You get pretty quick at searching after a dungeon or two, and it's a convenient opportunity to pick up stuff you couldn't carry before.

[ Sunday, December 25, 2005 21:18: Message edited by: SNM ]

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #33
quote:

originally written by kuc:
I'm going to miss going into rooms and doing the following;

UPLEFTUPLEFTUPLEFTUPLEFTUP-UPRIGHTUPRIGHTUPRIGHTUPRIGHTUPRIGHT-RIGHTDOWNRIGHTDOWNRIGHTDOWNRIGHTDOWNRIGHTDOWN-DOWNLEFTDOWNLEFTDOWNLEFTDOWNLEFTDOWNLEFT

Me too :( Although, I still find myself doing it in A4 - for old times sake :)

quote:

originally written by chicho1102
So in A4 there is secret passages but their are more like triggered hard to find doors. Creepy, avernum without secret passages is like a party without music!!

I agree! I did find one, but I didn't find it by bumping into walls, unfortunately.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #34
Let's not quote this again.

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt

Pages