The final battle with Rentar

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The final battle with Rentar
Apprentice
Member # 9867
Profile #0
I have fought here and fought her. I went through 2 energy potions for each of my mage and cleric then I ran out right after she reformed. I blast her with lightening and dispel spirit but she seems to heal or my blasts do little damage, one of the two.

What do I need, six energy potiuons for my cleric and mage?

Grrrrrrrrr
Apprentice
Member # 9851
Profile #1
Interesting, I defeated her yesterday on the second try, it was surprisingly easy. Are you using the shade shards?
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #2
Have your melee fighters gang up on Rentar.

If any orbs appear, shoot them with your archer...or hit them with spells.
You can also use repel spirit.

When she summons the undead vahnatai from the bones...ignore them and focuse your attacks on Rentar.

Afterwords, destroy the undead vahnatai. The left one is vulnerable to melee, the other on is vulnerable to magic.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and what is the levels of your NPCs?

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Using the shade shards helps a lot, as CandyStick said. So if you haven't defeated the three shades, do that.

Other than that, Arcane Shield and the other buff spells do a lot of good.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #4
quote:
Using the shade shards helps a lot, as CandyStick said. So if you haven't defeated the three shades, do that.

Oh, I forgot about it!
When you are given a list of choices, you need to choose the wave in front of her (or something like that).

Oh yeah, and you should buff between every major battle.

--------------------
I like this image
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Iffy:

Oh, and what is the levels of your NPCs?
How does a player acquire NPCs? Wouldn't that make them PCs by extension even if it were possible? :P

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Apprentice
Member # 9867
Profile #6
OH I thought I had to kill Rentar then the shades. Thank you!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #7
quote:
How does a player acquire NPCs? Wouldn't that make them PCs by extension even if it were possible? :P
Umm...I think I got NPC and PC mixed. Oops.

--------------------
I like this image
Apprentice
Member # 5660
Profile #8
SPOILER ALERT. (And possible warning if this has been done a million times before...)

Was anyone else dissapointed by how wimpy Rentar was?

I mean, when you assault her second keep. (Why does *everyone* hide out there? Grah-Hoth, Garzhad, and now Rentar. Burrow your own fortress supervillans!) you run into a Haakai, which has all the "Oooh, we're in trouble, Haakai are enormously powerful." Nevertheless, the party you played in E3 (I never played any of the avernums before 4, so if this doesn't ring true with the other system, I offer my apologies.)

But anyway, in E3, I recall eating haakai for breakfast by the end. The stone circle thingy made me fight 5 at once, which we did without *too* much trouble. Nevertheless, we couldn't even put a scratch on Rentar. (I've heard people have killed her, but I've never been able to pull it off)

Now, Rentar's become a crystal soul. (In E2, they made it clear that the crystal souls were *far* more powerful as a crystal than they were in life) but I still had much more trouble iwth Dorikas than I did with Rentar-Dumbo.

Blegh. Vent over.

--------------------
"Violence never solved anything except ending slavery, fascism and communism."