Wishing Well

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Wishing Well
Warrior
Member # 4638
Profile #0
I read in the walkthrough that you could get 1 point of parry by throwing 50 coins into the wishing well near the castle. I tried this however, I did not recieve the 1 parry point. Is there a trick I am missing?

--------------------
You are asleep.
Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be.
So it goes.
Warrior
Member # 7032
Profile #1
Its chance based, keep trying and you'll get it eventually. ;)
It also works with lesser amounts btw.

[ Wednesday, August 08, 2007 09:06: Message edited by: SevenMass ]

--------------------
_ _ _____________________________ _ _
Power to (the) Mas(ses)
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
As far as I'm aware, you have to throw in the maximum amount of coins of choices available several times. High amounts of the skill Luck will reduce the amount of cash you need to throw in overall (and it's a doozy, by the way, somewhere in th 1xxx range. It's worth it if you have a full party, though. It's cheaper than training each individual). But if you throw in any less than 50 at a time, you're wasting your money.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #3
What a greedy well. It's amazing how mercenary inanimate objects which have no use for money can be.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
Actually, it has a use. It's the annual meeting spot for all humanoid monsters, where they all get together at the well to complain about adventurers, show off stolen magic items, and collect six coins apiece. Where did you think those coins all the goblins and whatnot drop upon death came from?

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #5
And I guess the magic of the wishing well explains how the dropped coins instantly add themselves to the adventurer's inventory, too.

--------------------
"Blink and you're dead... Don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink."

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #6
That is what they want you to think.

Hmm, I like taking the coins in A2. And I make sure to not get caught.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
Apprentice
Member # 373
Profile Homepage #7
Thats crazy, when I used the wishing well, I threw in the most, got the parry, threw in the second most, got happy and threw in 1 and got sad...

--------------------
Woot my Number is 373, how many poeple can say that!!

Working on an Avernum 4 site. No walkthrough yet, check it out anyway I put a forum up already.

http://freewebs.com/avernum4