Character Building (Duo, normal difficulty)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Character Building (Duo, normal difficulty)
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #0
I've just had my first proper run-in with Avernum 4 the last couple of days. I beleive I've done most of the stuff there is do in the demo section, and ordered the full game. Now while I'm waiting I'm wondering how to best utilize my unspent skill points.

These are my characters so far:
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/6794/fighterfd0.jpg
(The fighter now has 20 sp, not 18, as he just drank a knowledge brew.)
http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/1453/magewx1.jpg
Obviously I regret getting tool use on my fighter but I'm not gonna start over just because of that.

So where oh where do I invest?
The obvious choices seem to be +1 Meele for fighter which would enable Quick Strike. And +1 Mage Spells for the mage to access Magery. Then what?

--------------------
Drama queens and long sigs suck. Cut the crap.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
Try here.

Scroll down the list a bit and eventually Synergy will talk about her A4 singleton's progress.
It should help.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again

WtRM v. 2.0.1 betatesting needs Mac users...Thraini is getting impatient.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Infernal Flamming Muffin:

Try here.

Scroll down the list a bit and eventually Synergy will talk about her A4 singleton's progress.
It should help.

Synergy is male.

There is plenty of advice on character building. Also Synergy has a long discussion at the link near the bottom of here. This has links to most of what you will need.

You should have combined mage skills with tool use since this will allow you to unlock higher difficulty doors.

Priest spells tend to be more useful at higher levels except for the mage's strong daze spell.