Pylons in Rentors Keep

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Pylons in Rentors Keep
Apprentice
Member # 6956
Profile #0
What's the best way to deal with these pylons, cant seem to get through them, they're too strong
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Well, it is possible to destroy them one at a time. This is what I did. Stand in range of only one pylon at a time and focus on just that one. Then heal and proceed to the next.

For the less OCD, you can sneak through. If you're just out of range, the pylons won't shoot at you, and it is possible to use combat mode to end up just out of range in each turn.

[ Monday, June 25, 2007 05:48: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #2
You can always cheat a little for help - this area is particulary perfect for the showmeall cheat.

--------------------
USA is evil!
Europe is bust!
Wars are elsewhere!
Unity is a must!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
To clarify Kel's comments a little bit, pylons and all other enemies that lob things at you have a range one space shorter than your range. That means you can stand just at the edge of your range and take potshots all you want. There's no risk to you, but it gets boring very fast and the pylons heal rather quickly when you're not in range.

It's quite possible to sneak through the pylons. It's even possible to do it without ever running around in combat mode. Just pick your path carefully and skirt the edges of all the horrible flaming death-dealing crystals.

—Alorael, who would really like to know which contractor Rentar-Ihrno hired for pylon construction and placement. They're eminently vulnerable to enterprising adventurers, a known threat, and they're not even well arranged.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #4
On Torment, the healing they get under that strategy is prohibitive. "OCD" does not even begin to describe what is needed to take down all of them on Torment...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
It wasn't that bad for the ones in that keep. I think I cleared the whole level before going back to Fort Remote for a recharge.

Now the ones in the Darkside Loyalist fortress near Fort Saffron are a true torment for OCD in torment.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
I kept a fighter near the pylon to prevent it from insta-healing itself and threw a bunch of ranged attacks from just outside its range and just inside mine. This worked fine (but took forever).

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #7
If your talking about the ones before the second fortress, than what I did was I destroyed all the ones that I could get before crossing the point in which most of the pylons lit. That way I faced one at a time.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

I heard a man sing "The Muffin Man" one day. He got to see the light.