Avernum sequence

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Avernum sequence
Apprentice
Member # 8558
Profile #0
Are there any characters from the original party from avernum 1 in avernum 4.

Will I be able to see any of the players I am using in avernum 4 as teachers or retired people on avernum 5?
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
No. The sequels don't make any assumptions about what your characters did (beyond winning the game).

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #2
The best you can hope for is that sometimes people speak of them. They reminice about the great heros that found this and killed that... and then they mysteriously disappeared, of course.

--------------------
You lose.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #3
Many people (real life) have different views of how the adventurers are. So Jeff was nice and didn't show them.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.
Apprentice
Member # 8011
Profile #4
The previous Adventurers are often refered to as "the Great Heroes". But one thing. Why don't you see any other Adventurer parties?

--------------------
That's good stuff! (Hic.)
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #5
You see another party (with names and all) in Avernum 4. You also find dead bodies in various dungeons, or you might find people in towns reminicing about adventuring days.

But it would be cool to meet heros from previous games. It's not like the game has multiple ending like Geneforge. We know for sure most of the things each PC is going to do, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

--------------------
You lose.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #6
There are a few other adventurer parties. In E/A1 there is the party that tried to raid the Pit of the Drake. There is also Gooley and Yong-Mi (though they are just a duo) and Yong-Mi also appears as an adventurer in E/A2. E/A3 had, of course, the previous Surface Explorers. There are handfuls of individual adventurers all over the place, just few whole parties working together.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
E3 doesn't have the previous party. They're new to A3, and they're a good addition.

—Alorael, who doesn't think adventuring is a particularly popular sport. Otherwise someone a little more talented than your band of level one cannon fodders would save the world once in a while.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #8
E3 doesn't have a specific previous party, but it does mention that you are not the first party of adventurers sent to the surface.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00