Storing Items

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Storing Items
Apprentice
Member # 8455
Profile #0
I tried several searches on the Avernum4 forum, but couldn't find anything covering this. Is it possible to store items in a container indefinitely? I'm getting a little tired of lugging around fine steel and leather and whatnot because I know I'll probably need it given the hints/tips that showed up in the game. Can I just put them in an out of the way barrel and expect them to stay put, or do the containers get reset?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #1
You can put your stuff anywhere you'd like. Many people like to keep their stash near the pylons in Fort Avernum. The only real limit is two hundred items per zone.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
You can use any container, but it doesn't even have to be in something. As you may have noticed from walking through areas that you've already been through and killed many things in, stuff left on the ground tends to stick around forever too.

—Alorael, who used assorted boxes and shelves in Fort Monastery depending on what he was storing and how likely he thought he was to want to find it again.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8455
Profile #3
I've never seen a "useable" shelf in Fort Monastery. I thought those were all decorative... they aren't clickable.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #4
Store them in Fort Avernum (portal chamber).
That is what I did.

And if you are paranoid (like me), spread out the piles a bit.

Edit -fixed typo
Edit2 -keep all of the herbs you find, because near the end is someone who can turn them into knoledge brews!

[ Saturday, April 07, 2007 17:51: Message edited by: Infernal Flamming Muffin ]

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Darkbridger:

I've never seen a "useable" shelf in Fort Monastery. I thought those were all decorative... they aren't clickable.
I meant the usable cabinets. The shelves are just there to look pretty.

—Alorael, who mostly used the ones in the barracks near the pylon. He occasionally stole the javelins and ended up in trouble.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
Once you can reach Fort Avernum, I found that sorting stuff into piles by categories - wands, rings, potions, etc. helps to find them quicker. Just spread the piles out in the room so they don't overlap when you get something.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #7
I make random piles in Fort Avernum, and I just go and click on the pick up icon.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.