Stuck.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Stuck.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #0
So far, I chopped off a bit of the shade for Rone's apprentice, got the crystal box for Haughton and have just been charged with getting through the Spire Fort for Levitt.

How do I get into the Spire Fort? If I'm not supposed to do that yet, how do I progress?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
You can't get into Fort Spire yet. Go meet Houghton at the Castle's observation room so you can open the box. After that, you'll be able to meet King Starrus, who will give you your next mission.

[ Thursday, December 22, 2005 03:13: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #2
King.... Starrus?

Disappointing. Micah and Hawthorne always seemed like such regal names. Starrus sounds like he should be running one of those dingy sailor's inns. :(

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Apprentice
Member # 6650
Profile #3
Where in the castle is Levitt?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Upstairs. You can get to the part of the castle where he is from a stairway in the northeastern part of the first floor.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
His office is in the southeast corner of the upper level, however.

—Alorael, who was always annoyed by the lack of easy access to Avernum's leading J. Edgar Hoover type.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
Originally written by kuc:
quote:
King.... Starrus?

Disappointing. Micah and Hawthorne always seemed like such regal names. Starrus sounds like he should be running one of those dingy sailor's inns.
I looked up Hawthorne for a random reason and found this (originally by Merriam-Webster's Dictionary):

quote:
Main Entry:Hawthorne effect
Function:noun
Etymology:from the Hawthorne Works of the Western Electric Co., Cicero, Ill., where its existence was established by experiment
Date:1962

: the stimulation to output or accomplishment that results from the mere fact of being under observation; also : such an increase in output or accomplishment

No wonder the Empire was so efficient. "I'm watching you. If you don't do your job, you're going to be thrown into Avernum!"

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Fixed quote.

[ Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:12: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

You can't get into Fort Spire yet. Go meet Houghton at the Castle's observation room so you can open the box. After that, you'll be able to meet King Starrus, who will give you your next mission.
I have a problem, when I find Houghton he open the box and 3 Vahnatai go out and kill him. Is it normal ? i have tried several times to save him but I can't :-)
What can I do now ? i have not the quest of the west of fort remote (i have read in a topic that I need this quest to go to spire fort)
I'm lost :( :( please help me
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #8
I'v tried to agument him, to keep him alive. He still dies. He always takes 73 damage, and he always dies.
It's supposed to happen.
Go and speak with Rone, and then speak with Starrus. You will get your quest.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #9
Well I couldn't understand why he didn't just run away. He stands there and waits for the end.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Contra:

I'v tried to agument him, to keep him alive. He still dies. He always takes 73 damage, and he always dies.
It's supposed to happen.
Go and speak with Rone, and then speak with Starrus. You will get your quest.

Now Houghton is dead I can open the door and go to speak with Starrus. Now I have the quest and then I went to speak with general Marapova but when I go to Fort Remote the barrier is always there and my dispell barrier spell is too weak.
I don't know if this is important but not far from Starrus there is another barrier that I can't dispell, the spell is too weak too.

I am stuck i can't go on the game :( :( :(
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #11
Did you speak with Rone, the court magician?

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #12
quote:

Did you speak with Rone, the court magician?
yes but he says nothing particular.
He must say what ?
Apprentice
Member # 5665
Profile Homepage #13
I believe you must speak w/ the commander of Ft Remote. He will give you another small (but challenging) quest to complete before he will lower the barrier.

--------------------
Signature v2.0
Now with more Retzin!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #14
quote:

It's supposed to happen.

After some exhaustive shielding, augmenting, blessing, hasting, and reloading, I managed to save Houghton once. He still dies in a dialogue box, from some slight nick he gets from a blade when the vahnatai enter (also in a dialogue box).

So rest assured, there is absolutely nothing you can do, even if you technically do save him. (Not even my level 4 Curing could've done the trick)

quote:
Originally written by Mimi:

I don't know if this is important but not far from Starrus there is another barrier that I can't dispell, the spell is too weak too.

I believe that is the Castle treasury. So no, it's not really important.

EDIT: Agh! Quote tags!

[ Wednesday, January 25, 2006 07:49: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #15
cancelled

[ Wednesday, January 25, 2006 10:18: Message edited by: Mimi ]
Warrior
Member # 6549
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Mimi:

[QUOTE]Originally written by Sicadastra:
[qb]I believe you must speak w/ the commander of Ft Remote. He will give you another small (but challenging) quest to complete before he will lower the barrier.

Bingo !!
No more barrier after the quest of the general of Fort remote.

Thank you very much indeed.

I can go on my adventures :rolleyes:

How I love this game !!!

[ Wednesday, January 25, 2006 07:56: Message edited by: Mimi ]
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #17
I made Houghton survive once. Unfortunately, he dies anyway of poison inflicted by the scratch wound after the battle.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00