xp penalty

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: xp penalty
Warrior
Member # 5870
Profile #0
I heared someone said xp penalty is based on the highest level of your team, which is inconsistant to my experence. I have a party of four divinely touched, sliths elite warrior (65% exp penalty), nephi deadeye archer (50%), nephi pure spirit priest (55%) nephi natural mage (55%). According to some theary, my warrior recieve 35% exp, which should have a level about 2/3 of my archer (50%). But he (lv26) ends up only two level and a half levels behind the archer (lv29). The two spell casters (lv28) only one level behind the archer. So I think the xp get is based on each individual's level, independent of each other. And the penalty of level is so great that penalty from traits matters little.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
You're right that the penalty is based on individual penalties. However, experience is also scaled based on the highest level out of all your teammates. This is relevant because individual penalties obviously influence how fast you gain levels.

Because the level-based scaling is so incredibly steep, this means that a party of four 65% penalty characters will reach a higher level than a party of three 65% penalty characters and one character with no penalty.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Deprecaticon:

However, experience is also scaled based on the highest level out of all your teammates.
I still don't believe there's evidence that this is actually true, and Jeff has said that it's not.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #3
He did?

*scratches head*

Well, maybe I'm confusing it with G4 or G3, both of which I've experimented with more recently; it's been nearly a year since I've touched A4. I suppose I shouldn't answer these questions anymore.

I could have sworn I remember having discussions about this and everyone concluding it was based on the highest level character, though.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
I'm sure we had this discussion before at least twice. Now who are you going to believe, the guy that made the game or Slarty?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Neither. Dikiyoba going to require a test before Dikiyoba forms any opinion. :P