How to get out of the Giant Lands

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How to get out of the Giant Lands
Apprentice
Member # 7606
Profile Homepage #0
Once you take the secret tunnel to the Giant Lands and explore it a bit, how do you return back to the main area? Going back thru that same tunnel is a dead end, it is one way, the secret entrance is closed and the gates to the town directly to the west (can't remember the name of it right now) are closed, and I remember when I was in the town I couldn't open them either, said they were fixed to never open.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
That secret passage should work to get you back. Try it one more time.

There's one other route out of the Giant lands, but I need to look at the map carefully before I pinpoint it's location.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #2
Not sure what you mean about the secret tunnel being a dead end? It opens when you approach it.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
All right. Here's a map of the area.
IMAGE(http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p188/Nioca/mapsegment.jpg)
See that red circle? If you still can't get out using the secret passage, then that's your destination. As you can also see, you have to go clear across giant territory to reach it. There's an underground passage somewhere within that red circle that will take you across the river out of giant territory. Where you come out is that blue dot on the other side, which is near Grindstone.

Also, notice that pink exclamation mark? If you really aren't looking for a fight, I'd suggest you keep from getting too close. There's a small gang of giants there that would love to beat you to a pulp.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
The blue dot exit is the return trip from Nodicaus' little kingdom of the undead,

The secret tunnel north of Bargha should be usable, but the doors tend to close themselves and sometimes there are new monsters in it. The only other way out of the Giant Lands is using the tunnel to the north of the pink mark going across the northern river and through lots of monster encounters going west and then south before reaching a pylon.
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

The blue dot exit is the return trip from Nodicaus' little kingdom of the undead,

The secret tunnel north of Bargha should be usable, but the doors tend to close themselves and sometimes there are new monsters in it. The only other way out of the Giant Lands is using the tunnel to the north of the pink mark going across the northern river and through lots of monster encounters going west and then south before reaching a pylon.

All those doors shouldn't be a problem if you have the key! And using that tunnel you speak of is sure one heck of a long way out of the way, isn't it? :cool:

[ Tuesday, November 28, 2006 09:12: Message edited by: Arch-Mage Solberg ]

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Pronounced Sol-Berg. Exile/Avernum's Greatest LIVING Archmage! I'm sure you've heard of me at some point.