Jeff, Valorim was cool!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Jeff, Valorim was cool!!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #25
I don't know about smaller, but I remember it was also going to be exploring a new cave area.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #26
Good. Avernum should take place in caves. However, a spin-off game called Empire might not be such a bad idea. For the Empire!

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 4866
Profile Homepage #27
I'd also like to see the rest of the Empire lands. Be it 1 Province at a time or all of 'em at once.

The vast open surface in Exile III was fun. You could head out in any direction just exploring and find seemingly endless amounts of sidequests and other little things to do(at least during the first play-through of the game).

--------------------
Worship the monkey
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Good. Avernum should take place in caves. However, a spin-off game called Empire might not be such a bad idea. For the Empire!
Like some of the moral choices in Avernum weren't debatable enough... I think I'd rather play "Kill Self, Win Prize" than play a game from the Empire's perspective.

(It would be an impressive, yet completely useless exercise in writing to remake A1-4 from an Empire perspective)

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #29
I wasn't suggesting rewriting Avernum 1-4, Empire would take place on the surface. I suppose that, in order to be at all interesting, it would have to take place before the Empire genocided everyone. Your characters could be the first to explore a new continent. Just imagine, no humans at all. You would be forced to make fragile peace with Nephil or Slith while you surveyed the land for the Empire, totally unknowing of the destruction that would result when they actually come themselves.

While on the topic of exploration, I wonder what a game about the First Expedition would be like. Avernum, with no towns, just lots of monsters. You would have the Orb of Thalni from the start! But... you also be destined die horrible deaths in the end.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #30
A First Expedition game would have no matter what you do you wind up facing a horrible death. You get to choose between: rejected by Motrax, facing sliths in the Mertis Spiral, battling demons, facing the combined nephil and slith forces, trapped in the Crypt of Drath, etc.

I'd rather the first Avernum exiles establishing and mapping the caves. At least there you can survive.
Apprentice
Member # 7452
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

A First Expedition game would have no matter what you do you wind up facing a horrible death. You get to choose between: rejected by Motrax, facing sliths in the Mertis Spiral, battling demons, facing the combined nephil and slith forces, trapped in the Crypt of Drath, etc.

I'd rather the first Avernum exiles establishing and mapping the caves. At least there you can survive.

Yeah, like an "Avernum Zero" that you travelled alongside with Solberg, X, Erika... and you had to map the caves and help making the glowing, edible fungus, the cavewood, etc.

Pages