Dorikas

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Dorikas
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #0
According to Schrodinger's walk through after defeating the Lich (Erika's Ruins) you can "hit the unusual rune to the north" and it opens a new area. I haven't been able to do this. I've won the game but Starrus isn't happy that I didn't finish off the Darkside Loyalist's. I noticed when using the editor that Dawdy would take all my coins and I'd still have the iron. I started the game over without the editor activated and Dawdy acted correctly, he GAVE me coins and took the iron so I kinda tried to rush to the Erika's Ruins to test the rune and it still doesn't open anything. I also installed on my other machine (XP) and have the exact symptoms there also. (My "game machine" is running 98SE) Is anyone else having problems finding Dorikas? Also, Houghton may have died to soon and Fort Saffron and Levitt never acknowledge me wiping out the bandits. (including some Darksiders). Almaria is still hostile, maybe because of Houghton's early death, didn't get final quest from him... I can't find anything else to kill except Rentar and that will end the game! Any help would be appreciated! This could still be related to using the editor script. I maxed out my stats, coins, weapons, etc. and stashed a bunch of items for later recovery to finance a faster trip through the game, but Dawdy acted normally. Was that editor done with version 1.0 (vice v1.0.1) and that's why I'm having problems? Help!?!?
Thanks...

--------------------
Aide: (tugging at General's pant leg from ground..) "Sir! Please get down!"
General: "What!?! They couldn't hit a Giant from that dist..."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Please use line breaks... just for the record.

quote:
Originally written by Micro Phage:

According to Schrodinger's walk through after defeating the Lich (Erika's Ruins) you can "hit the unusual rune to the north" and it opens a new area. I haven't been able to do this. I've won the game but Starrus isn't happy that I didn't finish off the Darkside Loyalist's.
I think this has something to do with a busted chain of flags. Since Levitt won't acknowledge your wiping out the bandits/Darksiders, something in that chain of events probably just fell apart, so that it won't allow you to even try to enter the Loyalists' lair. I'm not sure what can be done to fix it, but at least you can still finish the game.

quote:

I noticed when using the editor that Dawdy would take all my coins and I'd still have the iron. I started the game over without the editor activated and Dawdy acted correctly, he GAVE me coins and took the iron so I kinda tried to rush to the Erika's Ruins to test the rune and it still doesn't open anything. I also installed on my other machine (XP) and have the exact symptoms there also.
I have no idea what's going on with Dawdy, but I doubt it has anything to do with the problem at the Ruins.

quote:

Almaria is still hostile, maybe because of Houghton's early death, didn't get final quest from him...
Yep... this is a well-known bug, and the only way to fix it is to upgrade, then start a new game. The game can still be completed though.

quote:

I can't find anything else to kill except Rentar and that will end the game!
It sounds like that's all you have left to do.

I personally don't know what the effects of using the editor are. Which one are you using, since I know there are several floating around right now? Contact the maker of the editor.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
I personally don't know what the effects of using the editor are. Which one are you using, since I know there are several floating around right now? Contact the maker of the editor.
It sounds like Hawk King's editor to Dikiyoba. In theory, it should only effect Fort Monastery's script. In theory.
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #3
Thanks! It was Hawk's editor for Fort Monastery. In theory I think having too many skills and hardware and coins could throw off the balance or sequence of the game. We were warned to backup files and use at our own risk. I guess if I'm obsessive enough I'll start from scratch AGAIN and not use the editor at all. I have v 1.0.1 but will check to see if there's another update. I may have gotten away with editing the second time but I grabbed the crystal box before ever going to the castle. I'm guessing that was the fatal error in sequence. Ah, well. I like the game but am a bit frazzled out now. I think I'll check out some demo's of their other games. I'm currently going from place to place checking each job board and each NPC looking for jobs. Heh, I killed Tolliver a week ago and just met Bagli an hour ago to get and complete the assignment in one stop... I really appreciate the rapid response to my question! THANKS!!!! I know there are more quests I haven't found yet because I've been lugging around chitrach claws for a female NPC. Guess I'll check the walkthrough. I'm really impressed with the way this game is done. You can stash large quantities of loot in easy to get to places to unencumber and make room for more. There's a barrel and two jars downstairs from the commanders office at Monastery and you can hit SHIFT D and type "backtostart" to go there and once you locate the portal you can cache stuff there as well. Thanks again!

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
I had trouble with the rune not working only after I killed Dorikas and was going back to finish looting. This only happened once so I'm not sure what triggered it.

I recommend saving the game before entering the ruins and using another save file as you go through it.
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Quoting Randomizer:
I had trouble with the rune not working only after I killed Dorikas and was going back to finish looting. This only happened once so I'm not sure what triggered it.

I recommend saving the game before entering the ruins and using another save file as you go through it.
If you pull lever and open gate in SE of Dorikas area you can re-enter from the side of the river opposite Erika's. You can get to the hatch from Blosk by going W then all the way S. Or NW then W then S from Spire Fortress if you want to go back and loot and you opened the gate (and left it open). The Rune at Erica's does quit working after a restart. Loot to your hearts content from the other entrance.

Yay! I finally got to Dorikas! Went back to my other pre-kill Rentar save games and fully completed them! I'm embarassed to say what I missed in the cells at Fort Saffron that held up Levitt from giving the Erika's Ruins Quest. (Look hard enough and you'll find it!)

All I need now is Avernum 5!!!!

[ Saturday, July 01, 2006 19:40: Message edited by: Micro Phage ]

--------------------