Dispel Barrier spell

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Dispel Barrier spell
Apprentice
Member # 5989
Profile #0
Can someone please tell me exactly where I can go to learn this spell? Thank you! (I looked in the walkthrough, but can't find the places). Thanks!
Apprentice
Member # 7046
Profile #1
Talk to Kelner in the Tower Colony, get/complete his (somewhat tough) quest), and you're rewarded with the spell.

--------------------
The Toad
--------------------
"Who the heck is General Failure and what's he doing in my PC??..."
Apprentice
Member # 5989
Profile #2
Thank you very much!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
You can also learn it in Harston up in the Giant Lands, but you need Dispel Barrier to get to the spellbook (irony).
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

You can also learn it in Harston up in the Giant Lands, but you need Dispel Barrier to get to the spellbook (irony).
I think a few piercing crystal's should bring down the barrier; if I remember correctly, I was low on SP and couldn't afford to cast Dispell Barrier, but I still got the spell.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by roadtoady:

Talk to Kelner in the Tower Colony, get/complete his (somewhat tough) quest), and you're rewarded with the spell.
Smite works well against Kolokh, and so does Arcane Summon (you can easily get it from Correlea after completing her Shade Experiment quest).
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #6
Completing Castle quests before ToM quests? What kind of wacko order did you play the game in?

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

Completing Castle quests before ToM quests? What kind of wacko order did you play the game in?
Well, duh. Dispel Barrier isn't useful immediately after you get it. I just rushed past Almaria and into the Castle, then I did some quests/bought some spells and waited until I could defeat Kolokh without too much trouble (as it turned out, I was able to defeat Kolokh shortly after I got Arcane Summon, and I think the Shade Experiment quest was the first major Castle quest I did).

[ Thursday, May 25, 2006 07:04: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #8
You need to find R-I's first hideout before you can complete that quest. The demon in the ToM is nothing compared to the vahnatai trap in Fort Remote.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Warrior
Member # 1481
Profile #9
quote:

You need to find R-I's first hideout before you can complete that quest. The demon in the ToM is nothing compared to the vahnatai trap in Fort Remote.
You seem to be thinking of Correlea's "kill a shade" quest, which is different from the Shade Experiment quest. Shade Experiment just requires you to attack the shade in Blosk and then run away. I believe you can receive and complete this quest as soon as you go to the Castle.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
In the Tower of Magi quest for the demon, just acid spray him and leave the room. When he summons friends, a few lightning sprays will clear the area. Nothing that you cab't do after the Eastern Gallery.

Dispel barrier spell is useful for going back and finishing the Honeycomb. There are some great items behind that barrier. Also in Fort Dranlon and a few other places are a few more items that aren't accessible to piercing crystals.

You can play the game without it, but you miss out on the extras.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Aaron Kashtan:

quote:

You seem to be thinking of Correlea's "kill a shade" quest, which is different from the Shade Experiment quest. Shade Experiment just requires you to attack the shade in Blosk and then run away. I believe you can receive and complete this quest as soon as you go to the Castle.

Yes, that's what I was talking about. This quest wasn't too hard, but the shade did kill several of my party members (two? three perhaps?) before I was able to hit the shade hard enough and then run away.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #12
The easiest way to complete that is just to buff up your fighter send him in and keep everyone else way back. Using your entire party to attack it is suicidal. You only have so many priests.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #13
quote:
Not the only one to complete in "wacko" order;;;I too did a little of the same. For me, I was tired of hacking and solving quests, so I went on and explored territory for awhile, and occasionally completed quests from the new territory. After a respite I returned, rejuvenated.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #14
quote:

Using your entire party to attack it is suicidal.
No it's not, provided you've got Arcane Summon.
Apprentice
Member # 5914
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

quote:
Originally written by Aaron Kashtan:

quote:

Yes, that's what I was talking about. This quest wasn't too hard, but the shade did kill several of my party members (two? three perhaps?) before I was able to hit the shade hard enough and then run away.

I don't think that is this much of a problem. Did you remember to summon some critters? And all the Shades are SO vulnerable to Repel Spirit.

By virtue of me also doing quests in funny order, I ended up having done all the non-linear quests possible in the Great Cave before even taking Houghton's quest to free the Vahnatai from Almaria, so when Correlea kindly asked me to punch the Shade and get some of its nasty flesh to a vial, I was pretty tough. But that is the advantage of us Never-Doing-Quests-In-Creators'-Intended-Order-Players.

[ Saturday, May 27, 2006 11:39: Message edited by: Insane Scythe Guy ]
Apprentice
Member # 7189
Profile #16
Sorry to drag this Dispel Barrier spell up again, but I still cannot get the spell. I completed all of Kellner's quests, and he told me I could go upstairs and get the dispel barrier spell from his chambers, but I have searched everywhere upstairs and cannot find this spell. I found 3 spell books total, but one is behind a barrier that a piercing crystal cannot penetrate, the other two books (one next to the demon room, the other in the south east corner) don't have this spell. I'm already well into the Castle quests, and am really finding that lacking this spell is a problem, but I cannot seem to get it. Any ideas?

--------------------
Droopy-99
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #17
You're in the wrong upstairs. The stairs you want are right near where Kelner is, not the ones that lead into the main upstairs area of the tower.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 7189
Profile #18
Son of a ... I feel like a complete idiot. All this time and wasted piercing crystals, geez. I have so many unfinished quests all the way back to the spiral that I couldn't finish because I didn't know this spell. Thanks a bunch.

--------------------
Droopy-99