Stupid Almarians

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Stupid Almarians
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #0
Ok, so first they wouldn't let me through so I could get to the castle, despite the fact that I have extremely urgent news to deliver. So I figure I'll just use that secret passage I've heard about, only to find that the only place it leads me is right by the shade inside the city. There's no way I can kill it, so I ran away hoping to be able to simply leave the city via the western gate. Oh, was I ever wrong. All of a sudden I'm being attacked not only by the shade, but the citizens and guards of Almaria as well! If someone could give me directions to the castle that don't involve setting a foot in that cursed town again, I'd be very grateful.

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #1
Hint : Once you find yourself in the city, 'hug the wall' until you reach another stairway (this path does not involve getting noticed by the Dark Shade of Venom or by the Almarian people), which will take you to another part of the sewers. Here you'll find a path that will take you out of Almaria. You'll have to fight a bunch of Assassins, though.

[ Saturday, April 22, 2006 00:21: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #2
Thanks a bunch! =D Assassins are nothing compared to that freaking shade. >.<

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by 1337 h4x0r:

Thanks a bunch! =D Assassins are nothing compared to that freaking shade. >.<
You're welcome... :) And yeah, Assassins are indeed not much compared to the Dark Shade of Venom (especially since you can't kill it right now). I think the Red Shade of Hatred is even worse, though.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #4
you should just go for the job board and return quickly, the passage is *under* Almaria... ;)

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #5
See the hardest Shade for me was the Formello/Silvar one.

EDIT: WOO-HOO! 200 posts

[ Saturday, April 22, 2006 10:02: Message edited by: WKS ]

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by WKS:

See the hardest Shade for me was the Formello/Silvar one.

EDIT: WOO-HOO! 200 posts

Hmm, I thought the Black Shade of Ice to be the easiest one... The Vengeful Shades it spawns fall quickly to Divine Retribution and Fireblast, and when it's 'invulnerable', you can still do good damage using bolt of fire and repel spirit. The Red Shade of Hatred, on the other hand, uses very powerful attacks and keeps spawning monsters. I had to use two invulnerable potions to beat it (I probably could have beaten it without them if I had waited a little, but I chose to destroy the Shades as soon as possible, which means I hadn't even the Divine Host spell yet).
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
I didn't find any of the shades to be particularly difficult. By the time you've actually progressed far enough in the game to be able to kill them, your party is likely strong enough that they all go down in a couple of rounds.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #8
I agree, my party could have killed the Formello/Silvar shade way earlier on, if it weren't for it fully healing itself all the time.

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
None of the shades are hard to kill for a party of 4. For a singleton it comes down to positioning your character so you don't get swarmed by created monsters. I found I needed to summon monsters as a wall to give me time to divine retribution the shade's monsters to oblivion.
Apprentice
Member # 5914
Profile #10
Well, the creator of the shades was wise enough to prevent them from being taken out by mere adventurers.

the ice shade was probably the hardest, even with a couple of divine hosts those hostile vengeful shades were to be quickly disposed of and thus slowed down the destruction of their master.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
I thought the Red Shade of Anger was the worst... it and its summons were rather resistant to RETRIBUTION!!!, which is always a bit of a downer.

That said, that kind of firepower (no pun intended) kind of made the Black Shade of Ice's offense melt away (okay, pun intended).

[ Sunday, April 23, 2006 11:20: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.