Rentar's keep [SPOILERS]

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Rentar's keep [SPOILERS]
Apprentice
Member # 3048
Profile #0
I have figured out how to turn off the stone golem generators. I am having a problem with one of the switches. No matter how many times I turn it off, it remains on. It controls the golem generator right outside Rentar's room. That just about makes it imposssible to get into the room. Is this a glitch in the program? I am using the 1.01 version (Windows).

[ Tuesday, April 18, 2006 15:56: Message edited by: *i ]
Apprentice
Member # 5735
Profile #1
Put spoiler in your topic name
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
The golems shouldn't be that much of a problem. You must be doing something wrong in killing them. Use lightning spray from hasted mages to blast them to rubble so you can get past the area. I got past as a singleton without shutting it off.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #3
I think that switch is meant to be unswitchoffable - after all if you beat this level you win the game, so you do deserve to fight a few golems. [EDIT: Apparently you need mechanics skill 16 to deactivate it.]

There are different types of golem all of which need a different type of spell to kill them. There are red ones, yellow ones and green ones I seem to recall. Try fireblast, lightning spray, and icy rain on each one they are all vulnerable to something.

[ Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:36: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Apprentice
Member # 5735
Profile #4
Take off the part thats says rentars keep :rolleyes:
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #5
What the hell are you talking about, Mr. Morph?
As far as the golems are concerned, I was able to turn them all off. Maybe your tool use isn't high enough.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
One of the switches is much harder than the others for reasons unknown.

—Alorael, who believes Mr. Morph is requesting that the title of the thread not include Rentar-Ihrno's name because her reappearance is a spoiler. Not a suprising spoiler, really, but a spoiler.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3048
Profile #7
Is that the end of the game? It seems as though there is more to it. What about Koth and the surface plot to destroy Avernum?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
Spending any length of time reading the posts in this forum is likely to result in a major plot spoiler. But since many people who like this game will like it for reasons other than the plot, keeping the plot secret isn't a huge deal.

Dikiyoba hates anti-spoilerism, since, in Dikiyoba's experience elsewhere, it tends to result in [SPOILER]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by TomH:

Is that the end of the game? It seems as though there is more to it. What about Koth and the surface plot to destroy Avernum?
If you've been through Khoth's library and cleared out the base under Erika's Tower, you've learned all there is to know in A4 about both of those things.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 3048
Profile #10
Have not made it to Khoth's place yet.