What does Kelner have to do with Patrick's Tower?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: What does Kelner have to do with Patrick's Tower?
Apprentice
Member # 5914
Profile #0
Might be SPOILY here, in case anyone minds

So, when u agree to kill the demon in the upper floor in the Tower Colony for Kelner, u get a key. It's description says that it opens some doors in the upper floor of PATRICK'S TOWER. This fake info got me stuck for a good while when I was trying to finish this quest. The same is with the second key that Kelner gives you, as the a reward - Patrick's Tower.

Anyway, this first key probably gets me nowhere in the upper floor, as the door in the SE corner of the left section upstairs won't open - the message about the lock being complex and me not having the proper key pops up. My Unlock Door spell wasn't very powerful when I last visited there. Can Unlock door open it at all?

[ Wednesday, April 12, 2006 09:35: Message edited by: Insane Scythe Guy ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
You've successfully confused me. Which tower are you talking about, the Tower Ruins, or Patrick's Tower? Which of the quests have you completed?

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
The keys Kelner gives you are most definitely keys to the Tower Colony, not Patrick's Tower. The first helps you get through doors in the ruins to kill the demon, which you did. The second allows you to learn Dispel Barrier upstairs from Kelner's room.

There are a fair number of doors that can't be opened in the ToM, especially above X's room. Patrick's Tower also has a fair number of doors that are hard to open without doing quests.

—Alorael, who hopes he interpreted correctly.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #3
Humm...I think I return to my previous problem. I got those doors in X's tower open. (There's a spell book behind one, and nothing behind the other two.) Is this a bug?
Warrior
Member # 278
Profile #4
I believe that there is a mistake in the description of the two keys in the listing of special items. The reference to Patrick's Tower is meant to be the Tower Colony. Perhaps this could be fixed in some future version.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
Kelner was once a waiter in Patrick's Tower.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 961
Profile #6
I also think that the description of the keys is wrong. You get the dispel barrier spell in Kelner's room upstairs. That's what the key unlocks. But you're right..it says that the keys unlock rooms in Patrick's tower. Again..I think this is a mistake.

---Zelda

--------------------
Hey, where are we going? And what's with the handbasket?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
quote:
Anyway, this first key probably gets me nowhere in the upper floor, as the door in the SE corner of the left section upstairs won't open - the message about the lock being complex and me not having the proper key pops up. My Unlock Door spell wasn't very powerful when I last visited there. Can Unlock door open it at all?

The second key should open this door if you are talking about the one I think you are.
Apprentice
Member # 5914
Profile #8
I basically was able to open the door above the Kelner's room in the Colony. It's just about these doors in the same "section" with the blue demon guy whose head I was after. There was a room with two mutant lizards and I meant the door east of them.

To think of it, perhaps the second key is the one that opens it, because having the first one I wasn't able to get in.
Anyway, I'm long past this problem, been to this room.

Thx everybody
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Insane Scythe Guy:

... the door in the SE corner of the left section upstairs won't open - the message about the lock being complex and me not having the proper key pops up. My Unlock Door spell wasn't very powerful when I last visited there. Can Unlock door open it at all?
I did a little testing after someone said they opened the doors over X's place. It turns out that 100 TUS is needed to open doors that are 'unopenable'. (Intelligence, magery, spellcraft, mage spells and unlock doors spell level all count for .66 levels of TUS each, according to Slarty's (or was it Synergy's?) calculations.)

[ Sunday, April 16, 2006 05:28: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????