Frozen by the Pylons

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Frozen by the Pylons
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #0
Gah! Whenever I try to enter Rentar's Fortress (for the first time) as soon as I get near the pylons, I get frozen, even if I cast Prismatic Shield. I can't get all my party members past the pylons, I tried destroying them, and they froze me and then killed me. I tried running past them after I hasted all my characters, they still froze my characters. I've tried to find some strategy to keep my characters from being frozen but so far, I've got nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
It's far easier to walk around them. The trick is that when you first see them, they can't attack you until you step one square closer. But there is definitely a path around the pylons.

As for curing a frozen PC, the only thing I ever found to work was Divine Restoration.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #2
The mods should put a link to one of the countless help topics about this in the forum header.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
I was going to say that the search feature was already up there, but I realized I was thinking of the Geneforge Forum. There's a note about viewing topics, but nothing specifically about searching.

Besides, plenty of people ask questions about games that could have been answered by looking at the links in the forum header.

Dikiyoba doesn't mind it too much. Dikiyoba learns a few new details every time these repeat questions come up.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

It's far easier to walk around them. The trick is that when you first see them, they can't attack you until you step one square closer. But there is definitely a path around the pylons.

As for curing a frozen PC, the only thing I ever found to work was Divine Restoration.

I'm trying to level up my priest, so I'll wait until he can learn that spell until I venture any further.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Toenail and Matisyahu:

I'm trying to level up my priest, so I'll wait until he can learn that spell until I venture any further.
Unless I'm mistaken, you can't learn it until you get to Rentar's Keep. In fact, I don't think you can learn it until after you've forcibly re-located Rentar.

Really, there is a path around the pylons. Trust me.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #6
Why go around the pylons when for a little more effort you can blast them to bits? Apply the same rule as going around them. You can nail the pylons with spells from outside their attack range. After a few of them you'll get it down pat. There's something nice about going from Fort Remote to R-I's Basalt Fortress without having to stop and inch around pylons. Not to mention it solves most of your money problems.
Apprentice
Member # 6927
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Why go around the pylons when for a little more effort you can blast them to bits? Apply the same rule as going around them. You can nail the pylons with spells from outside their attack range.
Because destroying them all is really boring. I had no problems avoiding the pylons and it was even quite fun.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #8
EDIT

quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Why go around the pylons when for a little more effort you can blast them to bits? Apply the same rule as going around them. You can nail the pylons with spells from outside their attack range. After a few of them you'll get it down pat. There's something nice about going from Fort Remote to R-I's Basalt Fortress without having to stop and inch around pylons. Not to mention it solves most of your money problems.
While that IS true, when their turn comes up, they heal themselves, and by the time I destroy two or three, my mages have their spell points used up, and I'm trying to keep at least five energy potions for the Basalt Fortress so I have to go back to Fort Remote to recharge. My mages/priests can't do enough damage without me having to sacrifice Fighter, who attacks and dies/is frozen quickly.

[ Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:38: Message edited by: Toenail and Matisyahu ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6997
Profile #9
There is a path that weaves through the pylons which is probably the quickest way to go as blasting through them all will take quite a while. It's a very thin and narrow path, just try to keep out of sight as much as possible and dart quickly across open spaces in combat mode. Don't let any vanhati guards lure you into range of the pylons and you'll do just fine.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
My singleton could blast between 2 to 5 pylons between recharge trips depending upon what stray monsters were in the area. My party of 4 could get more because of first aid recharging of spell points. Being frozen is temporary, just watch that a frozen character doesn't get damaged and go unconcious. Team work speeds up the process.

I tried the finesse approach and found that you miss the spellbooks until after R-I flees. Then the pylons go neutral.
Apprentice
Member # 7027
Profile #11
Having trouble with the radiant pylons. Even staying out of their range, hasted, and using spells like lightning spray and weapons like bow of decay, I can't seem to kill the things. Even when they have only 10 hit points left and I blast them, the next thing I know they have 139 hit points left! Is there a special weapon or spell I should be using? Thanks in advance for your response.
Apprentice
Member # 7027
Profile #12
I even tried using slow in an effort to slow their regeneration, but have been unsuccessful. Can avoid them but hard to loot with them there. And let's be honest, they are irritating and should be destroyed.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #13
First off, no need to double-post.

Secondly, against Radiant Pylons, use Lightning Spray and Unshackle Mind if it casts Terror on your party.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #14
He's talking about the ones in the Darside Camp (the one with the jade halberd, not Dorikas). The only way to kill the pylons there is to turn off the power going to them (in the SE corner).

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #15
Even after shutting off power to Radiant pylons in the Darkside Loyalist camp near Fort Saffron, it takes a lot of damage to destroy them. Acid spray and arrows at range work after eliminating everyone on that level. To do it faster, have a fighter close with the pylon and heal him in addition to spells. Lightning spray is expensive way when there are so many of them.