Athame

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Athame
Apprentice
Member # 2515
Profile #0
Hey, can you get the athame in the scree caves? I've gotten the demonslayer already, and gotten into every other room. but i can't seem to get into the athame chamber. anyone? :)
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #1
The Athame is not being stored there. It does not exist in this game. If you hit all the control panels you should be able tou get into that room, though.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 2515
Profile #2
ok, ya got into it..haha thanks :P
Warrior
Member # 6094
Profile #3
I can make the Athame, if you like.

--------------------
Darkest Day
Brightest Night
May all fear
My unknown might

(deep voice) There are some things in this world that humanity was never meant to possess (/deep voice)
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #4
And make it do what?

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
Somehow, I think it will cast Divine Retribution... :D

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #6
Wasn't the Athame just a small dagger? Hardly a warriors weapon.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #7
The Athame can cut through anything so if it's made into an equippable item it'll probably have an ignore armor ability and do full damage to everything.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #8
It should be small dagger with a bluish tint. It should have a very high base damage and the regular bonus damage per level of weapons skill as a dagger. It should of course deal damage to undead and demons.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #9
Why? How are those facts? Is that canon? Did it have those effects in previous games?

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Sahdrani:

I can make the Athame, if you like.
The Blessed Athame was a special item, not being able to be used except in the Tower of Magi before it was destroyed in Exile/Avernum III when you sliced Linda then teleported home. There might have been some other references but that's the only one I remember. :rolleyes:

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #11
In E/A II it was used to sever the traps in Garzahd's fortress.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
You first see it in A1/E1 to break the seal to Grah-hoth's bottle prison. There is some mention that this is one of several, but it may have been the only one originally brought to Avernum.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #13
Originally written by Garrison:
quote:
It should be small dagger with a bluish tint because that is how it is described in the games, though the blusih tint is my conjecture. It should have a very high base damage and the regular bonus damage per level of weapons skill as a dagger because I figure that a knife whose edge is blessed enough to cut through virtually anything does not give its user much of a bonus for having big muscles. It should of course deal damage to undead and demons because I think most people like to see anything holy or related to religions being discriminatory.

[ Tuesday, April 11, 2006 21:02: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #14
It's the size of a damn paring knife for god's sake. And that is canon. Paring knives under any circumstances are unusable in combat.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #15
If it must be used, it should pop your tool use to like a bajillion, and have an infinte number of charges of unlock doors at level a million. Canon, hell, D&D, standard mythology, and Harry Potter, tells us that the holy anthame can break through any lock. Here's the problem, though. As it is, with my tool use and level three unlock doors, I can get to any door or chest in the game including the ones I need a key for or need to complete a quest to unlock. Not exactly plot helping, especially since I don't always know what is a plot related door or chest that I'm breaking though. For example, I broke into the royal suite and talked with Starrus before the advisor was dead...

Incidentally, I really wish we had both the Anthame and the Orb. It would make the game a lot more interesting in several ways. I mean, we have all the supposedly dead NPC's, why not the lewt?
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #16
You can't talk to Starrus before the game allows you to. The lock on his doors are unbreakable by any means.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #17
Well...I did it. Unlock L3.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #18
It's only slightly stronger than Unlock level 1, and it still won't open doors that can't be unlocked. A4 isn't like A3.

—Alorael, who hopes the next trick is speaking to Houghton after he's dead.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 3610
Profile #19
Well, I dun know how I did it, but I managed it. Maybe I had high enough pick locks? (31ish)
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #20
What did he say then?

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.