End Game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: End Game
Apprentice
Member # 2270
Profile #0
Here I am in Renthar's fortress and my Vahnatai mates are held and I cannot free them.

Can I free them? And what about the controls that can be accessed via the grate: I cannot disable them like the others: tool use problem? I have 15 on my chief tool user.

--------------------
Signature? Why do I need a signature?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
One of the panels on the lower level frees them, the others make the final battle and passage to it easer. I do not believe you need to free them to win the game, however. If you feel you are strong enough, you can try to go down the main corridor without them.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 2270
Profile #2
Thank you: I am going in!

--------------------
Signature? Why do I need a signature?
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #3
Look out for a certain Lord.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #4
Speaking of the endgame, did anyone find the final Rentar battle to be ridiculously easy?

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #5
Yes.

But if you don't kill the shades or turn off the controls in her fortress it's a lot harder.

[ Saturday, April 08, 2006 14:42: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #6
But why wouldn't you do those things? I mean the shades weren't that hard once you got the right strategy, and those controls were extremely obvious. That lich who charms you right before rentar was a much harder fight for me, as was the one against the other crystal soul. Garzahd was also ridiculously easy.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #7
Just throwing the thought out there in case you wanted a more difficult fight.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #8
But you see, I'm a completest, I can't leave part of the game unfinished, no if I need a challenge, I'll try a singleton party on torment mode.

--------------------
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
Jeff made one panel tool use 16 just to screw with everyone's minds.

The final battle isn't that bad even as a singleton in Torment mode. R-I just summons help that summon more help. If you turn off all the panels, then there is less to fight. I missed the one to stop the golems, and they weren't that bad.

The Vahnatai Lord isn't too bad either. He can't parry area attacks like Icy Rain. The same problem you had with Nodicuas comes back to haunt the monsters.

I thought the end was too easy. It doesn't make the top 3 fights. For me they were Nodicuas, getting Demonslayer, and that Gazer in the dungeon with Demonslayer. I know Jeff said that he wanted an easier end after complaints about a Geneforge end, but the Torment version should have a special script to give a true challenge.
Warrior
Member # 6094
Profile #10
Jesus, do I have to do EVERYTHING FOR YOU?! Gods be damned, here.

begindefinecreature 224;// Pylon
cr_name = "Rentar-Ihrno";
cr_base_level = 35;
cr_creature_type = 7;
cr_max_health = 30000;

cr_resistances 3 = 70;

Just put that in you av4itemschars(.doc) file and erase the old one.

--------------------
Darkest Day
Brightest Night
May all fear
My unknown might

(deep voice) There are some things in this world that humanity was never meant to possess (/deep voice)
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #11
Go copulate with yourself.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #12
"You can think TM is an idiot. You may well be right."

[ Saturday, April 08, 2006 20:56: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #13
Increasing R-I's health so the battle takes longer isn't the problem. The choice menu for actions taken needs to be increased. Hrickis and Nodicuas had enough different options so it was somewhat interesting. They were also a challenge because they were significantly higher level than the player's level would normally be at the time they were first encountered.

R-I has two summoned creatures, the energy balls, and 3 scripted attacks. In A3 she has a better scripted fight than this one. Even the liches are better scripted for their fight options.

I fought her as a singleton without my Vahnatai allies. I got down the stairs ahead of them and killed everything myself. It should have been harder. The only problem was I got into a stun loop where I didn't get an attack.