$$$ problem

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: $$$ problem
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #0
No matter how many items I sell, I never can seem to have enough money. I'm trying to invade Rentar's fortress (for the 1st time) and I wanted to buy some powerful items but I never have enough gold. Anyone have any suggestions to getting some quick gold?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
There are two sources of income in A4, and the most important one is killing things. Many enemies leave a fair amount of gear behind when they die. Some of it is valuable and should be sold. Some of it isn't very valuable but should still be sold if you're short on money.

Also be sure to complete every quest you can find. Even if they don't give gold as a reward they usually give an item that can be sold.

—Alorael, who recommends against purchasing equipment. Most of what you can buy is immediately oustripped by what you can find. Why do you think you need better gear for a trip into Rentar's stronghold?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Destroy all the pylons in the Western Wastes on the way to Rentar's fortress. The jewels left behind are worth about 3000 in money. Also it's a bother but gather up all the equipment left behind by the Avernite soldiers. There are other places like the refugee camp south of the Castle that have minor items that you can grab for money. It's time consuming, but over the course of the game it adds up to real money.
Apprentice
Member # 3828
Profile #3
Just a thought, increase your luck.

--------------------
Morbo is pleased but sticky...
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Chilung:

Just a thought, increase your luck.
Seconded.

With a little luck, it seems everybody and everything drops gold necklaces and other baubles. Bling bling makes the cash register go ding ding.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #5
Also, yet another side effect of luck I recently noticed, it increases your attack order in combat.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Hwaet:

—Alorael, who recommends against purchasing equipment. Most of what you can buy is immediately oustripped by what you can find. Why do you think you need better gear for a trip into Rentar's stronghold?
My party is hammered by magical attacks. They can withstand a fairly powerful melee attack, but against poison and magic they don't have much defense.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #7
Have blacksmiths make stuff for you and then sell them. The stuff they make is generally worth more than the raw material. For example, it costs 3 Fine Steels, 2 Focusing Crystals, and 2 Gold Bars to make a Blessed Breastplate, the Brestplate is worth 1500 gold and the Fine Steels, Focusing Crystals and Gold Bars are worth 1020 gold, that's a 480 gold profit, well it's actually a 120 gold profit since you sell things for 1/4th the price. Just make sure you use the blacksmiths that do it for free.

[ Sunday, April 02, 2006 15:19: Message edited by: Vicheron ]
Apprentice
Member # 6983
Profile #8
If I may post a bit of powergaming info here: Steal. Steal everything. Remember, if no npc's have a line of sight on you, they don't know you have stolen. There is much in the way of coins and valuables to be had this way. Also, killing some non-hostile npc's will offer a fair share of rewards. Why, in the beginning of the game you run into a lone soldier on patrol, who mentions how mice his spear is. Kill him and take it. The spear far outstrips anything you will find or can buy for the next 10 levels.

Additionaly, Jeff loves to put item quests in, like collecting iron bars or alchemists tools. Take advantage of these quests.

Just keep an eye out for that kind of thing.
Warrior
Member # 6094
Profile #9
Here. I have modified AV4's items to get more gold. Well, I have made new items, just copy down this:

begindefineitem 499;
it_name = "$$$";
it_value = 30000;
it_variety = 11;
it_weight = 1;
it_graphic_template = 51;
it_graphic_sheet = 4;
it_which_icon_ground = 16;
it_which_icon_inven = 16;
it_graphic_coloradj = 0;
it_extra_description = 11;

into your av4itemschars(.doc)using WordPad, (WAY easier to use wordpad). If you need a dispenser, I can make you one. Where do you want the dispenser (optional as to where you want it and required to get item) I hope I have helped you. :)

--------------------
Darkest Day
Brightest Night
May all fear
My unknown might

(deep voice) There are some things in this world that humanity was never meant to possess (/deep voice)
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #10
Thanks Soulless Demons, but after beating the game using cheats and a trainer, I'm playing on Torment with no cheats.

Good idea Louist. I'll look for that person.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6094
Profile #11
Oh, no problem. I rather enjoy helpng people. :) :) :) :) :)

--------------------
Darkest Day
Brightest Night
May all fear
My unknown might

(deep voice) There are some things in this world that humanity was never meant to possess (/deep voice)