Ok, now where is HE???

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Ok, now where is HE???
Warrior
Member # 999
Profile #0
Hunting Hosharr.....book says he is in Honeycomb, at "F" on the World Map 2.....which is north of Silvar, between Formello and Fort Draco, right? But, Awrmm in Silver says "...he is in Honeycomb, south of here." So, I am a bit confused, because I go to F on world map 2, (between Formello and Ft. Draco), but can find no sign of this dude. Any clues?

--------------------
"Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline!
If you are obsessive/complusive, please press "1" repeatedly.
If you are co-dependant, please ask someone to press "2".
If you have multiple selves, press "3", "4", "5", and "6".
If you are schitzophrenic, listen carefully and a voice will tell you which button to press.
If you are manic depressive, it doesn't matter which button you press. No one will answer.
If you are paranoid, we know who you are. Just stay on the line.
Thank you for calling the Psychiatric Hotline!!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
I left Mertis, entered the honeycomb, and moved in a counter-clockwise direction. It took a while, but I got there with no problems. After slaughtering his archer guards I just went down to the basement and shot him.

--------------------
WWtNSD?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
The route involves going down and up between the two levels several times. A clue that you are on the right path is that you pass Sleater. After seeing him to the north, keep going west . There are several minor side trips to get items. When you run into a group of four adventures blocking a route then you are near the Bandit Keep.
Apprentice
Member # 2936
Profile #3
Related question:

Where the bloody heck is the guy you're supposed to speak to when Hosharr is dead?

I went back to the town where I got the quest, an couldn't find them.

(edit to finish the post, as I accidentally hit post early).

[ Thursday, March 30, 2006 05:27: Message edited by: marphod ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by marphod:

Where the bloody heck is the guy you're supposed to speak to when Hosharr is dead?
Well, there are two people you need to speak to. One is the agent of the Castle who's in the inn at Mertis, the person who gave you the quest to find those bandits. The other is a nephil in Silvar (the one in the marketplace) who wanted revenge for Hosharr killing his mate.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Apprentice
Member # 5425
Profile #5
I believe the original question was not about where Hosharr was in the Honeycomb, but rather where the Honeycomb was.

Wyndynights, The Honeycomb is the mazelike tunnels west of Mertis.
Warrior
Member # 999
Profile #6
Actually, the original question was about where Hosharr was. This is the main problem I (and from some of the posts I am seeing) have with this new Avernum. The book is unbelievably vague. Example, the books says the third test is "northeast of Dranlon". Oh boy oh boy. Yeah, right. More like go-northeast-to-abandon-building-go-downstairs-to-caves-go-yaddaydaddadoodledee-north-yaddayeadda-south-doodledeedo-northwestsoutheast-to-impossible-place-yaddayadda......" The same with other quests. And, you can't find anyone anywhere, no matter how many times you circle, jump, delve.....

Guys, you really really need to re-do this game. It has a lot of potential...but its just too confusing. Or, at least make the book a little more clear. I swear, the other Avernum games were NOT this vague. Come on, people! I am college educated, but I am NOT Stephen Hawking, ok?

--------------------
"Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline!
If you are obsessive/complusive, please press "1" repeatedly.
If you are co-dependant, please ask someone to press "2".
If you have multiple selves, press "3", "4", "5", and "6".
If you are schitzophrenic, listen carefully and a voice will tell you which button to press.
If you are manic depressive, it doesn't matter which button you press. No one will answer.
If you are paranoid, we know who you are. Just stay on the line.
Thank you for calling the Psychiatric Hotline!!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #7
There is only one guy, and right now he is busy serving his wife. The rest of us have no particular reason to be here, except that it legitimizes our meager lives.

That said, Vogel has said that Av4 was designed to explore various methods of combat. He may have accomplished that, but otherwise it has left a rank odor. I found the crazy cat-dude because I was methodically searching the maze, not because I looking for him. Try playing the game out of sequence, or aimlessly. It may be more enjoyable for you.

--------------------
WWtNSD?
Apprentice
Member # 6459
Profile #8
I must say that by doing just that (playing randomly), and wandering around, checking on my quests etc, I found the game not only enjoyable, but relatively easy to navigate. However, I did miss the last two training quests.